Would Love Feedback on my updated site using a premium Shopify Theme from Out of the Sandbox

3 0 0

Hi everyone,

Almost done with updating my site using an Out of the Sandbox premium theme. Any insights and ideas would be so very helpful. I tend to go overboard so edits and revision ideas are highly appreciated. Not looking for praise, but good constructive criticism. 

We're using Zotobox for email capture and Pagefly to build landing pages. Considering a rewards program, maybe a layaway app. Would like to know your experience on how to minimize apps, but using features that will help conversions. 

I know we need a blog, and I'm bugging my wife to do it! Or else I'm going to have to play fashion copywriter again (I do all the descriptions and copy on the site) Please be merciless! 

www.verdierjewelry.com 

Many thanks!

Rick

0 Likes
Pathfinder
236 0 33

Hi Rick,

The theme is really nice and is making your store look somehow luxurious which is great! I have a few suggestions on what to change to improve the customer experience:

You should add a favicon, the store without it looks unprofessional. Here's a manual and I think you can use your logo:

You can remove the "Powered by Shopify" sign, here's how to do it.

I'm not sure about the yellow button "Buy with PayPal":

It might be comfortable for the customers but on the other hand, it doesn't match your store design and looks a little cheap.

I recommend adding a separate page with shipping information. I can see it's in the "Policies" but customers are usually looking for "Shipping" and aren't into reading policies as it's usually too long.

Here you can find some more tips on how to optimize your website and improve customer experience.

If you'll need more feedback or advice you can try our Facebook group. It small but still growing group of people interested in improving their e-commerce.

I hope it helps,

Katerina

1 Like
3 0 0

Hi Katerina,

Thank you so much for your insight! I really appreciate you taking the time to give it a look. 

I will definitely look into the favicon. I've never known what it is, but have seen it in theme options, haha. I have a lot of holes in my understanding! 

I agree with you concerning the PayPal button not blending well with the design - but have heard from many sources that it is very good for trust and conversions. It's a shame it has to stand out on the "Add to Cart" pop-up so loudly! I will look into a separate page for shipping. Great idea.

I was thinking of adding a banner bar to advertise the free shipping and returns since it's such a plus for conversions. But I don't want to add too much to the site to overwhelm shoppers. I'll look into the options for that as well. 

Thanks for the link and your Facebook group suggestion. I'm pretty new to this and am still on quite a learning curve. And I will check out the link you sent. 

That's one of the things I want to do: create a journey through the site - also via landing page - but my ideas are a lot of theory and learning the steps and finding affordable apps is quite a challenge. 

Again, thank you so much! I will take your advice to heart. 

Cheers,

Rick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Rick:

I agree with everything Katerina said. The site looks great, but the PayPal button is distracting. Unfortunately, there is no way around it until they come up with a better-looking button.

Definitely create a separate page for shipping. And maybe an FAQ page highlighting the basics.

I also have a premium theme from OOTS, Turbo but I've been having a devil of a time setting it up. Can I ask which one you're using? If you don't want to share, I understand.

As for the blog. You could start with something simple like " the big launch" briefly explaining the steps that got you to the launch.  Just a thought.

Roger

1 Like
3 0 0

Hi Roger,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm working on thinking about....a FAQ page, haha! That's on my next lists list. 

And no problem discussing our shared platform. I'm also using Turbo 3. Super awesome theme, but I also found it challenging, but ultimately I'm very satisfied - and now I have to connect the dots on a shoestring and bring more traffic. Same old story.

I'd be happy to email or speak with you and how I set up Turbo, as best as I can remember. Sheets of paper all over my windmill! But leave your email and I'll reach out - or however we're supposed to connect outside the forum. 

Take care and I look forward to hearing back...

Rick

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Rick:

I know what you mean about the sheets of paper all over and connecting the dots on a shoestring! And I can't count how many times I've contacted OOTS about the theme. Somehow I didn't think it was going to be this challenging.

I don't know how to connect outside the forum but here goes.You can contact us at SimplyDivineCr@aol.com Have a great day.

Roger

0 Likes