Hello, I would appreciate some feedback for our store. We consistently get a lot of traffic, but very few conversions.
Unfortunately, pasta products are heavy to ship, so we haven't found a less costly shipping solution, and our profit margins aren't high enough to "subsidize".
Is there anything else we can do to get more conversions?
Solved! Go to the solution
First of all, welcome to Shopify! It sounds like you’re experiencing a common problem - there’s traffic but few sales. Let’s see what we can do!
Before we begin, I always like to look at it like a first time visitor and spot any glaring issues. Your newsletter pop-up is a big red flag.
Moving on to your website…
In general, use heatmaps to see how far people are scrolling down your page. Are they making it to the footer? For a homepage like yours, I imagine they are making it pretty far down the page, which is great. Without knowing for sure (click heatmaps would help here), I can estimate that a large number of your visitors use those homepage collections to navigate.
I’m confused by your main navigation here. For example, why are you only featuring Pasta Pro? You’ve introduced a new product to visitors they don’t understand, so they may not be sure why they should click on it.
In general, I noticed a few things:
Watch session recordings (which act like a DVR for your website) to see how people actually navigate across your store. Do they use your main navigation, or do they use your homepage? How are they reaching products?
My biggest suggestion is to clean up the filter. If I’m in the Penne Pasta collection, I don’t need to filter by Ziti pasta. I also see a lot of sold out products. Make sure there’s a way to get on a waiting list to be notified when it’s back in stock. Also, use your live chat to your advantage here. If someone visits a product that’s sold out, trigger an auto invite that invites them to chat. You could then help them find other great products that are similar.
For the record, your products are making me very hungry right now! I’m on the Penne Pasta 12-Pack.
I really do like your store, and I actually want to go buy some of your product ASAP! Visitor behavior is going to help you find where people get stuck or confused and help you engage with them. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, poll, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps, Joe! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny
@JosephN did you try to analyze what shipping method using your competitors?
your https://fiberpasta.us/pages/history - is amazing!!!
Alex from e-Scraper,
Extract and get data from any website into your Shopify store https://e-scraper.com/shopify/#freescraper
This is an accepted solution.
Selling food online is hard in general. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.
Hi @JosephN welcome to Shopify family
I hope your business is going well during this CoVid crisis. I checked your website and it looks neat!
I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:
1. The banner image placement on the homepage is odd the text and the image are not going well with each other. I suggest a change in the banner image would be helpful.
2. In the header menu S and A has to be upper case in Shop All, same goes with About Us, and Reviews the first letter has to be in upper case. Also, a change of font will be helpful because the text is not readable.
3. On scrolling down the product image and the text are not on the same scale or rather text alignment is required.
4. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with good titles and posting them on different social media platforms will help in brand promotion.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!