My name is Victor and I'm a certified Shopify partner.
First of all congratulation on completely buiding up your store at https://fish419.com/
Here are some few thoughts i have in mind that could help you improve your store:
1. You need to have a sticky header menu which stick with the screen when your site viewer scroll down on your page to create a convinience experience where they dont have to scroll up to find the menu and explore the next section of your page.
2. Nice job adding the chat box on the bottom right corner of the screen, however adding one more button of "back to top" feature would be very nice to help customer re-browse your site content.
3. About the feature images of all your feature collections, those images are small but pack with too many small item in it which make it look bad and hard to highlight the beauty of each product inside those pictures.
4.Try chaning the backround of the images for tech items like ear bud or watches. I know the theme of the store is about the sea but adding the blue wooden floor background behind those product look unatural and make the product inside looks too cheap and unfit to buy.
4. Finally, the white spaces on both rears of the feature collection are too board and it is a huge waste if you dont optimize that space by making the collections's feature images become bigger with hover effect so that it look more proffessional.
Here is a possible of how the collection images should look like:
5. In term of the slide show ,you should put it on top not the nearly end of the page so that people dont have to scroll down and wait to see important information about your site being display anymrore.
6. Adding an online map to show the physical location of your store is a must in order to gain new and loyal customers.
I hope these thing will help you improve your store!
Hi @Craig419 !
If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
Hey there, @Craig419!
Congrats on the Shopify store! I bet it’s been a long year, but you’re doing great. I’m more than happy to give you some feedback.
For references, I’m on the Apparel collection page.
For reference, I’m on the Crowely Clay Crusher Polarized Sunglasses page.
Wrapping it up
Craig, you’re doing a LOT right. You need to be very proud of all the work you’ve put into your store. It really does show. Visitor behavior is going to help you deep dive into why more visitors aren’t converting and what’s impacting their experience. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps, Craig! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny