I am new to Shopify and selling online nd just wondered if anyone would mind taking a look at my site and letting me know if there's anything I can improve.
Thanks in advance.
Hey, there! My company specializes in website design & marketing for boutiques and similar product based businesses. Your website looks nice overall. I would suggest to be a little more descriptive with the product titles for SEO purposes, but still keep in mind user-readability. Also, consider adding a shop all button so people don't have to click on each collection if they just want to browse around. Hope that helps some! My website for reference is https://dana-cherie.com/
Hi Tom! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)
One thing I noticed almost instantly, that under your key collection of "Scented Candles" you have only one product:
It makes sense to display your bestsellers here, as automatically the majority of your visitors will click to this collection, especially that it's displayed at the very top. If people see there's only one candle here they might assume your stock is low, which might put them off from browsing further.
Here are a few guides that might help:
If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!
Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique
Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard
Hey Hampshire Candles,
"Overall, that's a very good start"! The store niche is quite "unique" to deal with. I hope the visitors will surely like it. In addition to the above-mentioned suggestions, some other tips for giving a flawless look to your store are as follows:
You have great products in your store. Here are some suggestions you can take into consideration:-
1. You can give product recommendations by personalizing the consumer shopping experience through gathered data, you can give better suggestions to your customers, which will then increase the likelihood that your customers will purchase a suggested product. It can be like New Arrivals, Best Sellers.
2. You can engage your customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notification, leaving a review, visiting a store. In this way, the number of push subscribers will increase, reviews will increase, newsletter subscribers will increase. You can send push notification to your customers in real-time which will help you to bring back visitors to your store and will help in winning back the losing customers.
3. Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
Have you tried the integration of the loyalty reward program with web push notification, reviews, email marketing with automation, referral program? It works wonders for eCommerce store owners to increase conversions and retain customers.
If you would like to implement this in your Shopify store, feel free to ask.
Hi @tjh31 ,
I've taken a look at your stores. It's looking great and clean. I've some suggestions you can add additionally to improve the conversion rate.
1. The header section FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER £30* is available only on the Home page and is missing in other pages.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Increase the width of input fields In the Contact Us page
5. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
6. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
8. On click of Search, it's redirecting to another page, instead of that, it will be better if it shows a textbox adjacent to the search button so that we can search from there itself.
I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 8 results indexed by Google. But your website has 29+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
The Pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.