Would be very grateful for some feedback on my site - Snuggly Pets

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to e-commerce - have been on the steepest learning curve of my life this past month.  Reading everything about setting up a successful shop I can lay my hands on! Thrilled about my website and think I have achieved a lot.  However I would be very grateful for any comments or feedback you could give me please?

Website is www.snuggly-pets.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
156 9 52

Hi @snuggly-pets

I've seen your store and it's very clean and contemporary. But I still have some comments:

- Some product images are not in the same size, it would be perfect if you can fix that. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1597722297878.png

- I see you have a gallery at the end of the home page, but it has only three photos. You can try to add more like this photo below: 

ConveyLego0612_1-1597722382199.png

Of course, maybe you need to use a third-party app because I've found this store via an app called Shoppable Instagram Gallery. And I see you have an Instagram account, hope it's suitable for your store. 

You can try to check it out. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
435 27 129

Hi @snuggly-pets !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.
  6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  7. Add a favicon
  8. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
  9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  11. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  12. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thanks so much for taking the time to review my site.  Your comments are very helpful and I have implemented the first to some extent, I tried to fix the image sizes but made it worse so have just gone for listing the first four which are perfectly sized with a "view all" button after until I get time to sort it properly.  Some of the products I might decide to remove anyway if there isn't any interest so will give it a week and maybe get rid of some but I will be sure to be more careful when resizing next time so they are all straight.  I'll also check out the instagram feed thing thanks for the recommendation.  I put those three photos at the bottom of the home page this week in a panic as had a suspicion the original product photos caused the site to go slowly on mobile so they will be going soon in favour of something else.  Thanks again it really means a lot to have another pair of eyes on the site other than mine!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you so much!  Your explanation is very clear, honestly I couldn't work out what a favicon was but I totally get it now.  I'll do that right away!  I have started a "blog" on the site but its very informal in tone so not sure if its the most professional thing in the planet.  Trying for now to be as authentic as possible so can always change my stance later.  Appreciate the comment about SEO, this feels like another whole chapter I need to uncover!  I have been registering with both google and bing (google has went fairly seamlessly unlike bing) but on a bit of a steep learning curve so doing it all as quickly as I can.  Have jumped in and started running facebook ads, results have been incredible.  Had a popup from shopify to say i was in the top 17% sites that launched with me in terms of website hits so the ads have been a success, I must be doing something right.  Only one sale though so I am trying to unpick all the findings in google analytics to understand whats causing the low conversion.  Downloaded "lucky Orange" today so hopefully that will give me some insight.  Wish me luck and thanks again for taking the time to respond.

All the best

Suzie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thanks so much for taking the time to review my site.  Your comments are very helpful and I have implemented the first to some extent, I tried to fix the image sizes but made it worse so have just gone for listing the first four which are perfectly sized with a "view all" button after until I get time to sort it properly.  Some of the products I might decide to remove anyway if there isn't any interest so will give it a week and maybe get rid of some but I will be sure to be more careful when resizing next time so they are all straight.  I'll also check out the instagram feed thing thanks for the recommendation.  I put those three photos at the bottom of the home page this week in a panic as had a suspicion the original product photos caused the site to go slowly on mobile so they will be going soon in favour of something else.  Thanks again it really means a lot to have another pair of eyes on the site other than mine!

Thanks

Suzie

0 Likes