Would like feedback on my store please

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, 

We just launched our online store about a month ago and we haven’t really had much conversion. Although we have been utilizing paid advertisements and ad campaigns through IG and FB, the only thing it seems to accomplish is obtaining likes and followers but does not convert to any customers. Need advice and feedback on our website as well as first impression, what should we be doing differently? 

Thanks for your help! :) 

www.humblerootscollection.com

Char

0 Likes
Highlighted
23 0 0

Hi Char,

I like your site, you can tell you have spent some time on it. I don't believe its a site issue, its more of letting the right people know about what you do. 

1 thing I would suggest is showing people wearing your items on the site somewhere. At the moment it hasn't got the excitement of other people wearing the clothes, so people cannot relate.

Get some photos of people wearing them, or reach out to an influencer to wear your gear.

Also using an app like https://foursixty.com/ really helps with conversions and using the Instagram market.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi Char! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

Your store name is very appealing - Humble Roots Collection. You have a strong branding and keep it consistently across your designs. Your items are great - and because you just started, the audience you are targeting might be not 100% defined. That’s why the traffic you are currently getting doesn’t convert as well as you hoped.

I agree with Tim, that your website is in a good shape. I absolutely love your logo. There are also few things that can be improved, in order to polish it. On your Catalog page, visitors can find three plain horizontal images, which can be confusing, as it’s not clear that these are individual collections, and the titles appear upon the hover. Make sure that your store navigation is as easy and straightforward, so your visitors can glide through your pages without thinking what to do next. It will help you improve your customer journey [sales funnel] and time spent on your website. Consider having the collection titles displayed at all times, so people know they can click on each image and find relevant items right away.

Your About us page is very original and appealing. You show your strong branding and the idea behind your business. This helps your customers identify with you and build a rapport - perfect. Consider also making this page SEO-friendly by adding defined H tags, internal links, image with alt tag and a defined Google snippet. This will help you make this page more searchable in Google. Learn more: How to SEO your Shopify pages [tutorial].

FAQs page looks great. Returns page offers an Order Lookup option, which is great. Consider also adding more supporting content for the potential shoppers, who haven’t placed an order with you yet, but would like to learn more about your returns policy, the exchange possibility, refunds and so on. Many shoppers want to establish these before placing an order, especially with clothing, where the sizing and colors can differ in real life. Make sure to include this info and it can help you improve your conversion rate.

Consider also adding a detailed Shipping policy with your delivery rates and info of the international/domestic shipping. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out the shipping cost, so having this page easy to find can also help you boost your conversion rate.

Your social media channels look great. I absolutely love your Facebook content - consider also running it as a business page, so people can follow your updates, rather than a profile page, as a business page comes with more powerful features which you can utilize to get more exposure.

Your Instagram page looks very appealing as well.

Make sure also to open the social media icons on your website in a new tab, so you don’t lose the valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser

Your SEO score is 47/100

Not bad for a new website, yet it needs improvement.

Consider writing longer and more unique Google snippet [meta title and meta description] for your homepage, and each page on your website. These values are being displayed in the Google search results, so having an enticing info can help you stand out from the other listings and encourage people to click and visit your website. Your current homepage Google snippet looks like this:

Consider writing longer meta title and meta description to tell more about your brand and encourage people to click on your listing.

Consider also adding more written content to your website [pages, blog posts] in order to further improve your SEO and Google rank.

Once you optimize your website, make sure to work on getting more relevant traffic. This will help you improve your conversion rate. The ads don’t always send the most relevant visitors, ready to buy. The visitors you get might come from people who love Polynesian designs, but are not in a “buying” stage. Which means, that while they like your items, they are not committed to buy right away. You still get their attention, and they might come back to you at later stage, when they are shopping for new item, but you have to stay on their radar.

In order to do it, you need to be active and present on the same platforms they are using - social media, discussion groups, blogs they read, Instagram profiles they follow etc. It means casting a wider net with your marketing. I recommend an organic marketing, which is much cheaper and more effective than paid ads.

This kind of approach takes time, but it’s the most profitable way to build an online business. It takes few hours of solid work per day and 10+ years of ecommerce experience to get it right. I understand that not all merchants have the time/previous experience to launch a successful online store, that’s why we created Lion Rank Marketing - an SEO and marketing package specializing in niche promotion and improving the Google rank. We can help you in running a customer and competitor research and preparing a unique marketing strategy for your brand.

Learn about Lion Rank Marketing here and order it online: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/lionrank.html

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

A very small observation is that your FAQ section on desktop (OSX 10.13.6 via Safari) initially displays collapsed. Probably no use at all to you - but hopefully it will help in some way :')

Love the site and the vibe! Send a shirt to Dwayne Johnson.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Maggie! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and critique our store, this means so much to us! You provided such valuable advice and suggestions and we are humbly grateful for that :) We will definitely incorporate these evaluations, thank you again! 

Char 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Tim and Joseph! 

Thank you so much as well for your honest and valuable feedback, you don’t understand how grateful we are for you guys to take the time out to help us! We truly appreciate it and we will definitely incorporate these evaluations :)

Char

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi,

Had a quick look at your site, really nice must have taken some time.

The only suggestion I can make is have you tried using different apps to win back customers that have already been to your site?

Here are some ideas for apps you can use:

https://ecango.com/9-free-apps-to-improve-conversion-rate/

Thanks,
Team Ecango.

Ready for a done-for-you marketing revolution? Market like a pro in minutes not hours or days. www.ecango.com  
0 Likes