Would like some feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I would like to have some feedback on my store www.elpisjewellery.com 

My store has been open for a couple of days so far. Now I am just posting on Instagram for organic marketing. Before I use paid advertisement, I would like some reviews and feedback.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

I just had look into your website. I observed few things on your website and social media pages, I hope those are helpful for your website.

Social media marketing mentions to the business of procuring traffic or attention through social media sites. I suggest you can use Facebook Marketing and Instagram marketing.
In Facebook Marketing
-> Optimize Your Profile Picture and Cover Photo of your company logo with high resolution.
-> Fill Out Your Facebook Bio.
-> Set a Consistent Posting Schedule.
-> Schedule Your Posts at the Optimum Time.
Use Video To Attract Your Audience and Target The Right Audience Using Facebook's In-App Targeting Features.
Instagram Marketing
-> Instagram business profiles allow your team to optimize your profile, add contact information and your website into the bio section making it much easier for your audience to interact and connect with you.
-> Keep your Instagram profile uniform by keeping your photos within one color scheme. And Use #tags, Hashtags are a big part of Instagram's posts because it allows photos and video content to become searchable on the channel.
-> And I suggest you can use Instagram Stories To Stand Out In The App.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Thanks a lot Appfreaker. Your suggestions are very helpful. I'm going to work on these issues. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Amy

Nice to see a fellow Canadian East Coaster on here. I have worked with a few jewelry brands in Canada, including Pyrrha in Vancouver. My feedback is going to be based on that and the tons of work across ecom brands over the last decade. I'll leave some points at the end about how we think about marketing for a startup ecom brand. 

Overall your store is well put together. I love the cohesive branding and design elements. Maybe a bit to much empty white space but that is a persona opinion.

Homepage Feedback

1. Your URL for necklaces is elpisjewellery.com/shop ... I would change this to elpisjewellery.com/necklaces, so it matches your other collection pages. Plus /shop should include all your products as a collection page

2. I would try to feature more barrettes and necklaces as it has limited selection compared to earrings

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Jewelry Of The Month). Pick one item and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Sell them on picking it up and adding it to their shopping cart. This is a great spot to feature new pieces or a co=partnership if you team up with another brand and make a jewelry piece together

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand.

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. I would link out to your shipping & return and refund policy pages. That way you don't have the content on each product page, which creates duplicate content that search engines like Google don't like

Your store is great and I would just consider making some tweaks here and there. Now onto marketing your new business. When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes