Would like to grow overseas customers but need some advice!

Tourist
6 1 0

Hello everyone

We have started an online store and have had reasonable sales to date, from our own Australian customers which is great!  We would love however to convert more of our United States, United Kingdom and Canadian customers.  We have had some decent traffic from the US, however none of them have converted into sales.

The site is :  www.lemonadeandlime.com.au 

We're thinking it must have something to do with our site?  Any advice or feedback on how we can improve would be so much appreciated.  We're trying to add apps where we can, but have little $$ to spend, so some free app suggestions would also be useful!  We did add the currency converter app so hope that works for these customers.

We would still love to be able to fix the variant image issue on our product pages, but haven't had any luck on this so far so have had to reinstall the theme (Debut) - any advice on this welcome also.  We still have an issue with eBay, where the initial variant image is also used - which is not ideal.  

Thanks so much brains trust for your valuable advice.....we hope to hear of improvements we can make to help boost our sales and customer base!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Canadian here, that has lived in Melbourne, Sydney and London (UK). Beyond buying Fix & Fogg peanut butter from the Kiwis. It's rare I would shop from Australia (or New Zealand) as I could get a lot of things in Canada or from the USA. You would have to sell something unique that I could not get over here.

Maybe it'd would make more sense to target New Zealand before trying to convert USA/Canada/UK? I would look to grow your Australian base and build a brand as well... before going over seas. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as having everyone on sale on your homepage does not create the impression you want I bet

2. If you are going to have a product on your homepage. Make it a Featured Product type section as it makes it look like something planned. This UrbiPod by Urbotanica needs a section title and why you picked this product to feature

3. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

4. I would divid your shop into collections and add those ad main menu links

5. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page, instead of having the shipping text on your page. You don't want duplicate content

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 2

@djytraders wrote:

Hello everyone

We have started an online store and have had reasonable sales to date, from our own Australian customers which is great!  We would love however to convert more of our United States, United Kingdom and Canadian customers.  We have had some decent traffic from the US, however none of them have converted into sales.

The site is :  www.lemonadeandlime.com.au 

We're thinking it must have something to do with our site?  Any advice or feedback on how we can improve would be so much appreciated.  We're trying to add apps where we can, but have little $$ to spend, so some free app suggestions would also be useful!  We did add the currency converter app so hope that works for these customers.

We would still love to be able to fix the variant image issue on our product pages, but haven't had any luck on this so far so have had to reinstall the theme (Debut) - any advice on this welcome also.  We still have an issue with eBay, where the initial variant image is also used - which is not ideal.  

Thanks so much brains trust for your valuable advice.....we hope to hear of improvements we can make to help boost our sales and customer base!

You are using the debut theme which is basic and amateurish at best. UK customers and US customers are not empathetic with average store like these with a lack of personality. Especially in the UK where they tend to be high spenders and richer than australians, a more polished trustworthy look is more beneficial. Australian buyers are a lot different from UK and US buyers, a lot of companies find it hard to appeal to all of these buyers. Apps will not help you convert those customers, it come more down to the feel and aura of the store. 

Instagram Influencer
0 Likes
Tourist
6 1 0

Thanks @DuaneBrown your advice is very helpful.  I'm not selling Australian products by the way, I'm dropshipping, but have removed reference to it being an Australian store.

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 2

@djytraders wrote:

Thanks @DuaneBrown your advice is very helpful.  I'm not selling Australian products by the way, I'm dropshipping, but have removed reference to it being an Australian store.

DO YOU GET IT

Instagram Influencer
0 Likes