Would love constructive criticism of my shop :)

CQDavid
Tourist
6 0 2

We love to hear some constructive criticism for the shop I help manage :)

https://www.ihascupquake.com

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hi there, @CQDavid!

Thanks for letting us review your store. At first glance, it’s definitely a good lookin’ store. A few initial things I found:

• Can you take down the masks from your carousel until they are back in stock? The messaging is contradictory. The main message is “Now available” but the text in the corner says “Restock coming soon.” Which one is it? 
  • The same model image is used for the Comfy at Home sale and Astral Alchemy shirt. I would change up the model image used for the Comfy at Home sale.  
  • In your contact form, why do you need to add in company? Even though it’s optional, it raised my eyebrows. I would use form analytics to see how people are using the form fields. I would suggest testing simplifying it to Name, Email and Message instead of first name, last name, email, message. 
  • Link your email address in the FAQs. 
  • Speaking of FAQs, add in your phone number for the JapanLA store. It says to call for availability of items but then doesn’t have a phone number! 

Are you using any visitor behavior tools? I would highly suggest using heatmaps (to see where people clicked) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit). I would be interested to see how people are using your homepage. 

I found that the hero images slide pretty fast, and it’s missing a CTA button. I know you can click on the images (which is fantastic), but I would make a few changes there. Test out using just one hero image instead of five, and if you must rotate them, slow it down. 

Navigation/Product pages
I was a little confused on the Shop All drop-down. Use heatmaps to see how people are clicking it. When I clicked Shop All, I didn’t expect to have more collections! Why not add those collections (as well as the other collections on the menu bar) as filters instead of drop-down options? 

Let’s talk about product pages now. I love the look of them, but you’re missing some information. I’m looking at your Pixelated Picnic Gingham Dress. 

1. There’s some white text that is barely visible under your Orders Processed information. It says, “stay warm furthermore.” I would remove that.
  2. There’s no sizing chart! I like that you have what the model is wearing, but that doesn’t help if you don’t have a size chart. I know it’s buried in the photos, but I would expect it to be as a link by the size drop-down or within the description rather than in the product photos. 
  3. Where are the reviews?! This is such a fun site, and it’s obvious that you have a very dedicated audience (nearly 300,000 Facebook likes is amazing). Get those reviews going! Add in a review request in your purchase confirmation email. People like to hear what customers thought about a product.
  4. What is your shipping information? It’s buried under FAQs without much detail. Get that information available. Customers don’t like to be surprised with shipping costs in checkout. Get that out front and help them expect shipping. It will also help you increase sales. Let’s say shipping costs $10 in the US and at $35 of pre-tax merchandise it’s free. If I have $25 worth of products in my cart, I would probably add $10 in products to get free shipping. 

I would suggest watching some session recordings to see what visitors are doing on your site. How are they navigating? What are they reading? 

Connecting with customers
Lastly, you need a live chat system. If people have questions (and we both know they do), it’s going to let them ask questions and get answers while they’re still on your site.

Another suggestion is to run a poll. It can be just to learn more about your audience, evaluate your website or to generate ideas for inventory. 

In the end, you have a store with great bones. Kudos for helping manage a store that’s already on track for amazing things. There are just some things that can be improved, and visitor behavior is going to help you take the store to the next level. Lucky Orange has form analytics, heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US$10/month. 

I hope this helps. Good luck as you grow your store even more!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

HI @CQDavid 

I think your store has been created to be marketed on TikTok :) You seem to have the items similar to what is trending there at the moment. So if you have not tried that channel yet, definitely do! 

Another thing that can help you get more sales is the Animal Crossing. Boy how crazy it has gone! Take advantage of that and sell more thing related to that. Also, you can sell via influencers as well. A recommendation would be @thatsheart (it might be quite pricey though)

Before you splurge on all of that make sure your site has the full capacity to covert. Here are some things to keep in mind: 

-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.

-Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
CQDavid
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you Danny! I have a lot of changes to make :)

Appreciate all the tips

0 Likes
CQDavid
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you Aizada! I'll be sure to checkout Growave :)

0 Likes
CQDavid
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks for the advice Ben! Seems like reviews are more important then I thought :)

0 Likes