Hey there, @craftyladyshop!
First of all, congrats on your launch! It’s always exciting and nail-biting to make your Shopify store public for the first time. It looks great!
A good place to get REALLY fresh eyes are to look at your visitors themselves. Tools like heatmaps (to see where people click and scroll) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) are invaluable in growing your sales. Because you’re looking at your store through the eyes of your visitors, you get a clear picture of what they experience, how they navigate and what stopped them from converting.
Some of these can likely be moved to your footer. As you get more traffic, click heatmaps will show you which ones your visitors click on the most. It’s possible that things like Blog and Events may be able to live in your footer. In my experience, if you have a large number of mobile visitors, keep the Contact Us link in the top navigation.
I would highly recommend watching session recordings to see how people use your store. I’ve said it earlier, but it’s still important to watch as they click on your navigation and move through the buying journey. It’ll help identify what areas of the navigation can be improved.
My biggest suggestion here is to evaluate all of your filters NOW. There are so many filters that it can’t be effective for your visitors. For reference, I’m on your Earrings collection. There are filters for earrings (which isn’t needed) and brown suede leather, suede leather and leather. You may have too many filters in this case!
I only have two suggestions:
In general, you really have the bones to a great store here. A lot of the common first-time mistakes aren’t here, and I am confident that with visitor behavior to guide your changes, you’ll see more sales in no time. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny
This is good stuff -- thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me on this.
Hi @craftyladyshop !
Congrats on your store!
1. I like the design of the store - everything matches, and you keep the same branding style - logo, fonts, images. Keep it up!
2. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
3. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
4. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
5. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
6. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Congratulations on your store. The design is very professional and well done. I've some suggestions for improvement.
1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. You can add testimonials on the Home page to make the store look more professional.
3. Add business email id or address in the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
4. Make the section Upcoming Craft Fair in the Home page more attractive. Add a different background color or style as you have done in the Events page.
5. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
6. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
7. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare by Mansion Ecommerce is a service intended for site owners, store owners, pro bloggers that don’t have the time or expertise to deal with GSC, Bing Webmaster Tool & myriad other tools on a daily basis. Bots like flare take care of the submissions for them verifiably. You can get your free Google Index Score through the flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Welcome to the Shopify family! It's a great start - the website is already in a great shape. There are a couple of things I noticed though. I'll just put them down below.
Testimonials and reviews are pretty important because like many other people, I too, like to buy only those products which have amazing reviews.
Do let me know if this is useful for you.
Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!