Would love feedback on my first store!

jordicr
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi all! 

My Store: https://airbudsnow.com/ 

I've been researching and interested in e-commerce for about 8 years now (my spark started at 16 trying to sell phonecases on trademe which severely failed) now 22 I've finally jumped into it with my very first drop shipping store here in New Zealand!

A few things I should mention as I would quite like feedback on:

• I created this store to sell and market to New Zealand only (not sure if this was a good move or not)
  • I have been running the store for about 11 days now and have only made 3 sales (still learning so hopefully theres some input on my store layout)
  • I have only used facebook marketing so far (insta and facebook combined) as google marketing has seemed to shut me out (ticket created to try sort this)
  • After 11 days of editing marketing campaigns I've come to think that maybe my product isn't the best and I moved through the phase of selecting a product way too fast, what do you think?

Thats all that came to mind for the moment, but I would love to hear back from some of you veterans and would love to get more involved with this awesome community.

My store: https://airbudsnow.com/

Cheers,

Jordi.

0 Likes
Fayzmo
Shopify Partner
222 17 84

Hey @jordicr ,

I checked your store, and it looks superb! Classy and has that premium feel. I would like to share a couple of feedbacks:

1. Choose Your Color (in homepage) has that really cool color texture theme, but it's taking a bit of time to load (attaching image for reference). I'm not sure how to speed up, but you can give a read to this blog: https://codeburst.io/5-steps-to-speed-up-your-image-heavy-website-65c874a86966
Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 12.14.46 PM.png

2. Add an 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand , making a strong impression on curious customers.
Do give a read to this article: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page

3. Invite customers to be part of your community. set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility. For example, you can have a blog on what different genres of music to listen to based on how you're feeling. Music community is huge, so you can have a good start.

4. Adding product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Having more graphic stickers rather than tags will stand out and grab customers attention faster. (Attaching one of your product images with sticker for reference)
airpods.png

Do let mw know if you require any more help, I'm happy to be of assistance.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
arushibhatia20
Shopify Partner
187 35 123

Hey there, 

What a beautiful store you have, it was a delight to stumble upon your store and your design looks superb. 

Your situation must a complex one to be in right now, I understand. But there are a few things you can do to improve sales for sure because your product looks amazing and trustworthy as well. 

I love that you already have a section for customer reviews, which is great because that helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand.

1. One thing I request you to do is to add a Chat Bot to your store. It's possible that the customers who are visiting your store may have some questions or queries from you but going through the contact detail page and all becomes lengthy and they abandon your website till then.

So first thing you need is a a chat bot and an FAQ page. 

These are both very helpful. 

2. And lastly, As per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below.  

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful. 

Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Arushi

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes

Dear Jordicr,

Congratulation for your store.

Hope following suggestion will help you:

• Page loading Speed - Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 37-45 
  • Your logo should highlight your brand name.
  • Header - Have a sticky header and a clear search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header
  • Customize the search icon with a toggle effect so the search form slides out when user clicks on the icon. Makes your site look neat.
  • Over All Text , Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc to make it more elegant - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • Balancing color ., font images etc. - Maintain the same or similar colours and fonts throughout your store to keep your branding intact.
  • You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
  • Add faqs page and track order feature
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Featured Collection - Add all the top featured products on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  • Featured / Bestseller products - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Before running ads please do some research and also try Google shopping ads
Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes