Would love feedback on my store (1.5 years in business)

joeystanizzi
2 0 0

Hello all!

I have a clothing brand designed for athletes and I'm closing in on 15k in sales. It's a side hustle but I want it to be more than that. The industry's top 20% of stores has a conversion rate of about 2.90% and mine isn't great (about 1.40%). Although this could be a result of poorly targeted ads, I feel like some changes could be made on my website to improve conversion rates. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Heres the link: The Underdog Brand

Best,

Joey 

0 Likes
shansalam
Shopify Partner
53 4 10

Hey @joeystanizzi ,

Some of the quick stuff I noticed.

1. The banner on the first page doesn't have a link. You could also provide a link for the banner so that customers can easily navigate to the next page.

2. You could install an app that provides the heatmap of customers and check the areas that customers clicks on most and optimize other areas accordingly.

3. You can work on your site speed as it seems very slow. The faster the site loads, the better will be its conversions ( https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=theunderdogbrand.com&tab=mobile )

4. Install google analytics to find out more about your customer browsing patterns and optimize for conversions accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Shan | www.linkedin.com/in/shansalam

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
You can also contact me on shansalam@gmail.com for any queries
peachibaby
2 0 1

Hey Joey,

I just had a quick look at your store and a few things I'd say off the bat:

- From the landing page, it's not that clear what your store sells. The Christmassy graphic and the cursive font don't really speak to your product, and the image of the model is too transparent so you can't really see that this is a sportswear shop.

- The product pages don't 'sell'. I would suggest using positive descriptors like 'high-quality', 'comfortable' and 'soft', as well as explaining WHY someone needs the product. 

- I would agree with the other comment below that the site speed does seem a bit slow just from the time it took for the landing page to load.

Otherwise it looks really good! Hope my comments help.

By the way, how did you find out the industry's top store conversion rates? Many thanks,

Rosie

CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
234 18 86

Hello @joeystanizzi , I have visited your site and really loved it. However, you can always improve. The previous comments have already covered most of the points. If you haven't found your answer yet, check out this blog to know more about this YOU HAVE GREAT FAITH IN YOUR ONLINE SHOP, BUT WHY AREN’T VISITORS CONVERTING? 

Good Luck. Happy selling.

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

Hi,

PageFly would like to have some feedback on your store:

Header

Sticky header: you can make the header sticky to help visitors navigate through your site easier. They don't need to scroll up every time to find the main menu on the header. The white color of the text and logo in the header makes them look unclear in the banner. You can give the header background color or change the white color.

PageFly_6-1607883738825.png

Search bar: A full search bar with an input field will be more visible to visitors. Many customers will use the search bar to search for your product.

Homepage:

Banner: you already have some messages on the banner. But customers won't know where to go after the announcement. So you can add more CTAs to the banner to direct customers to the landing page you want.

The product list: you should remove the hover effect from the product price and review and add this effect to the product images. Showing the second image on hovering can reveal more information about the product to customers. 

PageFly_7-1607883738838.png

Countdown timer: the featured product on the Homepage has a discount. You can urge customers to purchase the product using the Countdown timer. Customers may not want to miss the sale.

Product page

Color Swatches: Some products in your store have many different color options; you can change the color variant selector to the color swatches. The Color Swatches can improve the visual and the professionalism of your store.

PageFly_8-1607883738824.png

The layout of the sections: you can consider changing from Tabs to Accordions to show your "Description" "Refund Policy" "Delivery" "Ask a question". Most customers will miss that information when you hide the information under Tabs.

That is some of my feedback about your store; PageFly hopes they could be useful for your store. Please Hit Like and mark Solution if you agree. 

Good luck with your store!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hello @joeystanizzi, I hope you are doing good! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Retarget your customers with the help of web push notifications. Start sending push campaigns.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Simile
Excursionist
38 0 6

Hello!

Love the store and the products. 

Some suggestions would be to make your banner clickable and to replace featured products with more personalized offers to your customers.

By adding our personalization app for example, your store can feature more products on the front page but they will also be

personalized to each individual visitor that you get on your store. 

Check out our apps here: Simile!

If you have any concerns or require additional customization our team would be happy to assist you.

Happy selling!

0 Likes
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
555 50 203

Hi @joeystanizzi

Have seen your site and have some comments for you:

At first, I want to talk about your store design. 

- The first problem is how you use your banner. As you can see, the logo and the menu are quite hard to see. 

You can visit some famous stores to see how they use banners. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1607995661587.png

-  You should add the Quantity section and the Description for this section.

ConveyLego0612_1-1607995955500.png

- Add Quickview and Quickshop buttons for those products. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1607996023321.png

- Have seen your Instagram gallery, and I think you can upgrade it by having a shoppable one. 

If you want to have a shoppable Instagram gallery, you can check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It can increase your sales. 

- On your product pages, you should add:

+ The Quantity section 

+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar

The bundle is good. Try to keep it up! 

Now, turning to the market, it seems you've researched about the market. So do you try to answer those questions:

- What are your advantages and disadvantages of your store? and also your competitors. 

- Do you try to dig into your customers' behaviors? What products do they visit the most? and how long they stay?

- If now your marketing strategy is now working, you can try another one. 

There are many questions that you need to answer if you want to find the reasons and have solutions. 

In the future, if you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice can help you create many unique templates. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @joeystanizzi,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

First off, huge congratulations on the success of your brand so far. Clothing is a saturated niche by itself, so not just selling clothing but selling clothing with a once unknown brand logo on it is HARD, so well done.

I love your marketing strategy, very creative doing the podcast, you have a tonne of potential Joey, you think outside of the box.

As for recommendations, definitely spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

As for conversion rates, the first thing that comes to my mind is sizing or style types. You have a limited selection which is completely fine but if a visitor comes and doesn't see something that appeals to them or it's not in their size, they will click off.

screencapture-theunderdogbrand-collections-hoodies-2020-12-15-11_46_30.png

I noticed that you have another color variation for the hoodie on the left, I'd create a separate product for that since you have a smaller section. If a person isn't a fan of the initial look of that one sweater, they wont click so they wont know there was another option.

Other than that, I think hiring someone to do some store tweaks on your homepage would be beneficial. As a first time visitor I missed the links completely, I'd personally recommend swapping out the banner and change a few sections around.

underdog-home.png

Again, great job, great potential.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
joeystanizzi
2 0 0

Awesome, thank you guys so much! This was a big help to me and I'll be grinding away at every one.

0 Likes