Would love feedback on my store

Tourist
12 0 2
blacktreeavenue.com

Hello! I have been working on my store for over a month and finally opened it yesterday. Now I am turning my attention to learning marketing on social media. I am very new to all this but am really enjoying learning so much. I have a consulting business, but I’m actually trying to move away from it. I know I still have tons and tons to do and learn, so any feedback is greatly appreciated!
0 Likes

Hi @Christina4,

 

I've just had a quick look at your website. Hope I can provide some helpful feedback.

 

The email sign-up option appears very quickly. I would give people chance to look around a little before offering this (if at all).

 

Does your store have any USPs (unique selling points)? Is there something specific about your store/brand/etc. or the products you offer that sets you apart from other websites?

 

Hope that helps - Gareth 


Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2

@garethkthomas wrote:

Hi @Christina4,

 

I've just had a quick look at your website. Hope I can provide some helpful feedback.

 

The email sign-up option appears very quickly. I would give people chance to look around a little before offering this (if at all).

 

Does your store have any USPs (unique selling points)? Is there something specific about your store/brand/etc. or the products you offer that sets you apart from other websites?

 

Hope that helps - Gareth 


Hi Gareth! Thanks for your input. I will see if I can delay the email sign up, or disable it. As for USP...good question! It is a bit more of a general store than a focused niche, so I don't really have anything specific. I am trying to have free shipping on everything, a fair return policy and items that can't be found in malls or stores.

0 Likes
Astronaut
780 48 175

Hey Blacktreeavenue,

I hope you are doing well and the site seems working amazingly. I reviewed your site and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement instantly to get the fresh look on the site. 

  1. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

  2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

  3. Please add some blogs for better clarity.
  4. Also, You have ample of products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://blacktreeavenue.com/search?type=product&q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

Hope my suggestions help you get more revenue.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Shopify Partner
452 19 52

Hey, I just took a glance at your store. I just loved the way it looks. I must say you have worked hard on it. I think you should now focus on customer engagement and retention. Make sure you have set up proper customer engagement tools like reward program, web push, newsletter signup, exit popup, review, email workflow automation in your store. It is a must-go feature nowadays to keep your visitors engage and convert them as customers. If you're running ads straight to sales, without capturing the contact information of the people you're spending money on to look at your store, once sales stop, how can you get the people who looked at your store to buy? Whenever running paid ads, you should try to direct the traffic to be able to capture their email by pop-ups or chatbot option so you can contact them again in the future without needing to pay for ads again.

 

If you want to run ads I think you should use Artificial Intelligence with which you can predict the buying behavior of customers and then you can run the Ads accordingly. These predictions are on the basis of time, day, location, etc These predictions can increase the chances of conversions by engaging customers when they are active and browsing on your store.

 

Use predictive analytics along with Fb ads. First, predict the visitors using data from past campaigns along with buying behavior of customers and run Fb ads accordingly to direct traffic towards the store. These predictions are accurate as they are powered by AI. In this way, the money spent on ads doesn't get wasted. Also, Fb is a good source of bringing traffic for the store. Give a try to Aitrillion.com. It has everything what an eCommerce store needs.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
1 Like

@Christina4 wrote:

 

Hi Gareth! Thanks for your input. I will see if I can delay the email sign up, or disable it. As for USP...good question! It is a bit more of a general store than a focused niche, so I don't really have anything specific. I am trying to have free shipping on everything, a fair return policy and items that can't be found in malls or stores.

Thanks @Christina4. My concern there would be that you are competing with Amazon. They offer free shipping and have a reputation for being fantastic when it comes to returns. I would be keen to find something that really sets you apart from them.


Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 27 51

Hey @!

 

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your site and you've done some great work. Is this your first store? It's really remarkable, you should be so proud of it! There are a few user experience tweaks that I would recommend: 

 

  • As mentioned earlier, the popups are too much. Think about from the customer's perspective, they haven't even had a chance to browse your store and they're being inundated with signups, message popups and what others are buying. 
  • Your product photography is somewhat inconsistent, this may due to the differing suppliers. But if you are looking to seriously upscale the business then in-house product photography is a great leap forward. 
  • There's no sense of mission statement on the landing page, tell us a little about Black Tree Avenue and why it's special! 
  • Your variant sizes are a little scattered at times: 
  • The social buttons in your footer still link to Shopify social media, you should link those to your own business pages. 
  • I would recommend getting some testimonials on the products from bloggers, influencers or even test customers, in order to give the site some peer review/social proof. This'll help any potential conversions.

What marketing strategy have you for the business? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2

@neha-sparq wrote:

Hope my suggestions help you get more revenue.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)


Hi Neha! Thank you so much for all the information! I am overwhelmed by how much detail and how useful all your feedback is, pure gold! I have written down everything you've said and will go through each point one by one. Thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2

@AiTrillion wrote:

Hi AiTrillion, 

Thank you for the feedback, this is so helpful! I have focused so much on getting the store up and running that right now I am a little lost about marketing and customer retention- I have noted all your suggestions and will work on each one!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2


@garethkthomas wrote:

@Christina4 wrote:

 

Hi Gareth! Thanks for your input. I will see if I can delay the email sign up, or disable it. As for USP...good question! It is a bit more of a general store than a focused niche, so I don't really have anything specific. I am trying to have free shipping on everything, a fair return policy and items that can't be found in malls or stores.

Thanks @Christina4. My concern there would be that you are competing with Amazon. They offer free shipping and have a reputation for being fantastic when it comes to returns. I would be keen to find something that really sets you apart from them.



You have a great point. I am going to think about this one carefully.  
1 Like