Would love feedback on my store

Tourist
12 0 2

@Cal wrote:

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify.....

Hi Cal! Thanks so much for all your feedback. I am blown away by how helpful everyone's feedback is! To answer some of your questions: it is my first live store, but I set up 2 different stores in 2 different niches before I settled on this. At that point I felt comfortable enough with Oberlo/Shopify, that I decided to hire someone to help me get things set up a bit more professionally than I could. I am glad that I did, but I have also had to change a lot of products, and still plan to change more. I am getting my Facebook/Pinterest/Instagram accounts set up right now and I am planning to start there with Marketing. I am a complete newbie at this (with a day job in a completely different field) - so I and just trying to learn as much as I can. I will work on all the things you suggested!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 26 99

Hi @Christina4 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

Also I noticed that you don't have a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Another thing you might want to add is a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

Also I noticed that you don't have an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Another thing you might want to add is a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Did you think about adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Astronaut
799 50 178

Thank you for your kind words.Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
455 19 53

I am glad you liked my suggestions. 

If you need any further help you can email me.

My email id is - "paridhi@gmail.com".

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
455 19 53

Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
455 19 53

Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2

@FFT_SMART wrote:

Hi @Christina4 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

Also I noticed that you don't have a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Another thing you might want to add is a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

Also I noticed that you don't have an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Another thing you might want to add is a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Did you think about adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

Hi FFT Smart,

Thank you for your feedback. I have added blog, countdown timer, and FAQ's to my list. I have a section for reviews and some products on the way to me and some family to review- I don't feel right putting in reviews without actually seeing the product. And, I actually have a sticky button app, but for some reason it did not publish before my store was live, and I forgot to re-publish it. Did that. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi - I quickly looked at your site and the first thing I saw was a HUGE picture that really said nothing about your site. Now to find out more, I have to click NEXT and NEXT and NEXT or I have to take the time to scroll down. You do have a menu that would give me a hint, however.

You need to think of why would someone would come to your store. Are any of your products unique and only you sell them? 

Just making big pictures is not enough to promote engagement. First you really do need to know why someone would visit your store and you need to address that. 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @Christina4! Gabby here from Spocket's Community Engagement team.

First of all good job and congrats with your site's launch overall! Just also chiming in to add to what the others have already mentioned:

• Your site's structure is commendable in my opinion. It's very clean and easy to navigate - the sections are placed accordingly.
  • I can see that you've already managed to consider most of the suggestions and tips from the other replies so kudos to that! What's especially commendable is the way you started off with your social media. I can see that on Facebook and Pinterest at least, you've already started posting. And good job with the captions! The challenge here now is to actually dedicate time to creating a content strategy geared towards marketing your products. Social media plays an essential role in the success of any online business, so it's really great that you decided to commit to making accounts for your store.
  • In the aspect of copywriting, might I recommend getting creative with the way you write your product descriptions? I mean besides the specs provided, I think adding 1-2 sentences talking about why your customers should buy a particular item would give more character to your store (it already has its own personality). This is just something I suggest to most online business owners/dropshippers on Spocket as for one, like I mentioned, it's a good way to establish your own brand voice - having unique copy makes you stand out and makes people associate that compelling and creative copy to you. Second, it could also greatly help you with SEO due to the specificity and uniqueness of the descriptions of your products. Just my two cents and felt like something I should add to what's been already suggested to you.

In any case, I'd like to invite you to visit our Spocket blog. You can explore it and maybe consider some tips you can utilise as you operate your store. We publish articles talking about methods on how you can further improve your store operations, trending products, and some success stories on our platform. Moving forward, hoping what I mentioned also helps you in some way!

0 Likes
3 0 0

I love the site and your products, although I was confused about what your core product was? Is it leggings? Sunglasses? Handbags? I see more leggings and even a slider dedicated to it, but everything else took a back seat.

For myself as a viewer, I was more interested in what you seemed to be focused on and that was leggings. Maybe find 1 main product or 2 that compliment each other that gives your logo meaning. I think when we start out, we want to offer everything under the sun, but then the consumer isn't sure what you're trying to sell. Is it everything or are you more focused on leggings? Yoga? What are your core products? 

Other than than, you did a great job with everything else. Small tweaks and you got this!!

0 Likes