Would love feedback on new store.

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey, everyone. I'm looking for feedback on my new store "Midtown Morning". I created it about a month ago, and I have been running facebook ads to direct traffic to the store but I have not gotten any sales yet. Is there something I am doing wrong? 

Specifics:

Does the site look good? 

Is there anything that you would change on the site? 

Is there something on the site that would keep you from buying anything on it? 
Is there something important missing on the site?

Here is the store URL:  https://midtown-morning.com/

Thank you all so much for the help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
646 21 221

Hey, @Justen2!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify.

I've taken a look at your store. It's looking good so far but it does look a little unfinished. There are a few things you could do to help establish your brand, make your site look more professional and build trust with your customers.

Your slider images are looking good and they adapt pretty well to mobile.

I recommend you get a logo professionally designed, rather than using the standard text. If you don't quite have the budget for that just now, you could design your own for free using Hatchful (Shopify's own free logo maker) or Canva. If you'd prefer to hire a professional, you could use one of the following:

You have a featured collection on your homepage but it only contains one product so it looks unbalanced:

I would either put more products in the collection or use a featured product instead so it's more centred.

I'd try to make your About Us page more of a story that can really help to establish your brand. Check out The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own).

Its vital potential customers can get in touch with you quickly if they have questions about their order. If they don't get a fast response, they won't feel confident they will get a solution if they have a problem with their order. I did find your email address in your Returns Policy page and the Privacy Policy page. I would remove that. It's not a good idea to have a public-facing Gmail address as it doesn't look very professional. You can get a custom email address that matches your domain from Zoho Mail. I would still make sure there are no email addresses on your website as bots can scan websites and use email addresses to spam your inbox. It's better to have a Contact Form. This is a better experience for your customers as well because it means they can contact you without having to open their email account.

I would put a mailing address on your Contact Us page. It will make your business look more trustworthy and less anonymous if people can see where you are based.

Most customers would prefer to reach you via instant messaging, it's typically a lot faster than email as far as response times go. If you're an iPhone user, you can use Shopify Chat. Otherwise, the Facebook Messenger Channel is a great option and we have some chat options in our app store.

If you'd like to proactively answer questions before customers have the chance to ask to cut down on the support you need to provide, a FAQ page can help with that. Customers are likely to want to know how long items are going to take to ship, how much shipping costs, and more.

I don't imagine you want to keep paying for Facebook ads forever so it's important you build a Social Media following and an email list. Create Facebook and Instagram business pages and link them to your footer by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media. We have great, free Social Media marketing courses on Shopify Academy where you can learn how to grow your following. You can use a popup such as Poptin to offer incentives to people for joining your email list.

You can find some more tips on this post. I'm happy to give you more feedback before you spend more ad dollars if you keep in touch and let me know how you're getting on.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @Justen2,

I've just had a quick look at your store. The photography and style looks great!

When the homepage loads, I can't clearly see what your store is about, or what you sell. I would replace the name of your store across the main image with something more useful. Your best selling category only contains one product. This makes it look like the website is faulty, or a little spammy.

Hope that helps - Gareth 

Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @Justen2 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After carefully reviewing I don't see an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes