Would love feedback on our new store!

Tourist
8 0 1

Hi all, we have just gone live with our store and would love any feedback on ways to improve. www.thepreppybunny.com.  Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 12 25

Hi @Jlook,

Thank you for getting in touch! I've taken a look at your store and am really impressed with the work you've done so far. You've clearly made a big effort working on your brand, from the logo - which is brilliant - to the fonts and colours on the site. I also love the quality and consistency of your product images which are vitally important, as well as the other imagery you have on the store. I do have a few pieces of feedback for you though that you may wish to consider.

Firstly, whilst I do like the font you've chosen and think it ties in nicely with your logo, I do find it quite difficult to read - especially on products and pages where the font is smaller. Here is an example of the font on one of your product pages:

19-08-o1tzz-jrecv

It is less of an issue for larger text but especially here in the product description, where the text is smaller, the prose is difficult to read. You want to make the website as accessible as possible for customers, and to remove any potential sources of friction. I'd suggest spending some time looking for a new font that is easier to read yet still suits the look of the site and your brand.

I'd also recommend condensing your menu as it contains a lot of links, which could potentially be overwhelming for your customers. You can create dropdown menus that are 3 levels, so you could make use of this to reduce the number of links in your top-level menu. It's a good idea to only have a few links on the top-level so that visitors can get an instantaneous idea of what it is you sell without needing to immediately read through 10+ links that are presented to them. This again comes back to the idea of making everything as easy as possible for your customers.

Finally, I'd also recommend adding an About Us page to the site so visitors to the site can learn more about you and your business! You can use this page to tell people what Preppy Bunny is all about, who you are, what inspired you, and where you're located. This helps give your brand more personality and shoppers nowadays like to know who they're buying from as well as what they are buying. We have a great blog post with tips on writing a convincing About Us page here, which I'd highly recommend checking out.

I hope this has helped and I'll again reiterate that you've done a great job with the site so far, but the changes I've suggested should help optimize the store's potential! Thanks again and please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Victor,  I can’t thank you enough for the great detailed feedback you have given me! I have implemented the changes you suggested to help my website look better.

1 Like
8 0 0

Hi,

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 12 25

Hi @Jlook,

You're very welcome. I'm glad you found my advice helpful and that you've implemented these changes. I've taken a look and it looks great; the menu is a lot less intimidating and the font is easier to read!

Best of luck with everything and if you're ever looking for more feedback please feel free to reach out again.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as some of the images are to large. Don't forget a lot of traffic is on mobile these days

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
170 8 24

Hi @Jlook 

I just took a look at your store and I think it looks really good. There are just a few minor things that I might consider changing

One thing to consider is adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

After looking I couldn't find a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Also I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

0 Likes