Would love some advice and feedback on my new store baileybdesigns.com.au
I've been getting about 150 visits a day, adds to the cart and even people reaching checkout but no sales so far.
I've been tweaking and trying out new things to no avail so would love some help.
Thanks in advance,
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Have seen your Instagram and it looks great.
Maybe I can point out some parts that can help you improve the conversion rate.
First is your home page:
- On your banners, you need to send a message to your customers. Only the CTA button is not enough to encourage your customers to reach out to the product pages.
And I think the background photo will conflict with a message if you add one. Maybe you can consider changing.
- Your featured collection only has two products, I think it must have at least 4.
Also, add Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see product details faster.
- Need to have the title here.
- Have seen your Instagram gallery, and I think you can try to have a shoppable Instagram gallery instead of a normal one.
If you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you do that with ease.
- Where are your quick links? FAQs, Policy, etc.
Second is your product pages:
- You need to add:
+ The Quantity section
+ The button that allows your customers to go up faster when they scroll down. Because the main part that helps you sell more is the "personalize" section, and this part is located on the top.
+ I think you need to have the photo slider here. For now, your customers have to scroll too much to see all the photos.
I think the most important problem is that you're lacking some parts that increase your social proof. For now, when your customers visit your site, they cannot feel trustworthy.
There are some parts that you need to care about:
- Reviews and photo reviews. You really need that you make your customer believe in you.
- Social network accounts. You already have an Instagram account, the next move can be Facebook and Twitter.
- More real-life photos as many as possible.
- Add live chat support
Besides that, maybe you can think about having some promotion events to see how it works.
Hope this helps!
Hi @CiaraO !
I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hello @CiaraO, I hope you are doing good! I liked the products & collection. It's nice. Your store lacks branding and identity. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- Add quick links in the footer. It includes policies, FAQ, Contact information.
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
- Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hi @CiaraO welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Footer Menu: The footer is an important part of your website because it is displayed on each page. As per resources, some stores have observed up to a 50% increase in conversions when they optimized their website footer design with specific goals. So it can help in improving credibility to your store, and as a result in conversions by updating your footer menu with following details:
Website Navigation: The product catalog is broken down into different collections & categories, a simple call-to-action on customer support/forms that try to convert website visitors to newsletter subscribers.
Website Technical and Legal Information: Terms and Conditions, Refund and Return Policy,
FAQ: Answer some of the most common questions customers have related to your products, payment, shipping, return, and refund.
Security & Credibility: Showcase your awards, security certificates, and badges to demonstrate to visitors that your website is trustworthy.
2. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.
3. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!
Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.
I hope this helps!