Hello! I appreciate everyones time that is reading and responding to this post.
I have two men's grooming websites ( www.ekinon.com and www.ekinon.ca ). The first I launched last month and the .ca site just a few days ago. I've had close to 800 visitors on the .com site with a few sales and just about 80 in 2 days on the .ca website with 2 sales. Most are driven through social media such as twitter and FB.
I've spent quite a bit of time and money on modifications to the site to try and "harden" it somewhat, similar to other successful sites targetting the same clients. However, I'm concerned it looks cheap and not polished enough. I'm not sure if I should return to a more softer and fluid layout. I could list some site examples however I'm not sure if that's violating the forum rules.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Trust you are doing well.
You have successful created your online store.
Please find my below feedback to your store?
1. Navigation seems perfect. But could also have pictures and text would look creative.
2. I guess your theme doesn't allow you to portrait full size banners, the trend now if of having full size banners to attract customers and 3- 4 different banners to attract our customers
3. The Navigation on your website is not static. For eg. While i try to browse below the navigation doesn't comes down with scrolling down. Again to check different set of products i have to go above and browse through. The UI of the website is not made as per customer experience. All this little aspects are important.
4. The color combination of the website can be worked out, the Grey color looks dull. It could be either white or vibrant colors which looks afresh for your customers.
5. Maximum amount of fonts to be used over the website should exceed more than 4 max, seems you'll have used more than 30 fonts all over the website.
6. The Website is not well aligned, nor desktop, mobile, iPad versions. Solve this issue asap. For an Ecommerce customer its website at first place which makes trust and loyalty.
7. The Zoom feature of the website comes out in righthand side which hides the product description. Make sure, the product zoom comes on the product image only.
8. When i select the product it takes me to shopping cart, and checkout. You customers should be able to add different kinds of products too. There should be an option of continue shopping which is missing. You need to have that functionality. If your theme doesn't have that, you can customise it.
9. In the product detail page, i feel it should be illustrative as possible which as the product is high cost then other razors or your category of products. The justification if the product is missing. Check - www.promate.net and check the way they justify their website . we have designed it :)
10. Sharing of products should be facebook twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, google plus, etc. You can't miss to have all social media in place as it helps you SEO and loyalty for customers.
11.. Start Facebook paid marketing and keep your facebook page up to date, you will find right target audience on your facebook page only. No other paid advertisements if recommended for now, apart from facebook paid ads and targeting right target audience.
Thanks Joshua, I appreciate the pointer. I was really at a toss up in the direction I wanted to go with. I had an earlier theme which was similar to the dollarshaveclub site but shy'd away from it after I wasn't pleased with the product layouts. Instead I copied similar competing sites but seemed to have missed the mark with "modern and fluid".
|an hour ago|