I would love to provide some recommendations for your store. By the way, I love your products.
1. The banner
- Currently, the images of the banner have different sizes and this affects 2 things:
2. Add more pages and sections
- I recommend you can add the testimonial section to show the product's reviews. You can use other apps such as Judgme, Ali Reviews, Trust apps, etc or you can add the reviews as the slideshow like this
- You can add the FAQs page
- Currently, the pagespeed of your store on the desktop mobile is pretty good, but you also should notice on the mobile device too.
You need to optimize the images because the images account for the large store weight. For example this one https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0452/8057/articles/wordswag_1552087746427_300x300.png?v=1554237489
You can check the pagespeed via Google PageSpeed Insight: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnvcollective.com%2F&tab=de...
Here is the article about pagespeed and how to have a good pagespeed for the online store.
They are just some of my comments. I've gotta leave now. But if you have more questions on other pages type, you can leave your question is this topic, I'll be sure to answer :)
Hey NashVintage -
Love the look of your products, and kudos to using in-house images. You have a lot of awesome going on here.
There are a few things that stand out though. First, the easy things:
Overall, you’re on the right track. My two biggest issues are with your homepage and general navigation. Both would benefit from looking at heatmaps (to see where visitors are clicking) and session recordings (to watch what happened when they were on your site). Visitor behavior is going to be key here.
Your homepage is very long. Your sliding hero/banner images aren’t the same size, it lacks a CTA and it takes up the majority of the screen above the fold on mobile and desktop.
This is where visitor behavior comes into play. If you could see how people interact with your website, how far they scroll and what they do, you would be able to see the areas you need to update.
Maybe you don’t need your Nash Vintage Collective story on the homepage, or maybe customers use your menu bar instead of scrolling to your featured items on the homepage.
Heatmaps in particular would help analyze and evaluate your menu bar. Some options may be able to move to a footer or combine, such as This is NVC and Events. Or maybe you find that Lookbooks work better under the Women’s collection rather than it’s own collection.
On the navigation front, you need to find out how visitors are using your website. One thing your Collections page is missing, especially with clothes, is the ability to filter by size/measurements, material, age and type of clothing. Use heatmaps to see if you should consolidate or reorganize your current filters.
In the end, it really all comes down to your customers and what they think/do. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, recordings, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I’m excited to see how your website and business grows, NashVintage! You have a great start here, and a little insight into visitor behavior is going to make a world of difference. Be sure to update us on your progress!
Hello @NashVintage, You have a great collection in your store and it looks great but you need to make the store look more professional. Here are some improvements that you need to work on:-
1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this.
-Slideshow Image (with a call to action button on it)
-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max )
-Newsletter sign up box
Marketing tools that you need to add in your store:-
1. Add a LiveChatbot- You should welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.
2. Add a loyalty reward program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
3. Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
This will make your store interactive and engaging which will help you to increase conversions by engaging customers in your store.
If you would like to implement these marketing tools in your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.
Hey NV Collective,
"Homepage is the key area of the user journey of any ecommerce store" and the first thing which comes into sight in any homepage is the "header menu".Hence, a "home button" is a must to have at the beginning of the header menu of any ecommerce store. Some other changes which I would like to recommend are as follows:
I wish you all the luck for the coming days.
Hi @NashVintage ,
I had gone through your website and you are having wonderful products. I love it!
Here are some suggestions that you can consider :
1. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.
2. You can add customer testimonials to increase trust among shoppers.
3. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app.
Turning More Shoppers Into Customers