Would love some feedback on my store

scvdz
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi guys,

I'm in the last phase of rounding of my new Shopify store. 

Before I launch it, I would love to receive some feedback from you!

The stock is not set correctly, so most products are still 'sold out'. But furthermore the shop should be ready.

For who wants to have a look: https://oh-my-goody.myshopify.com/

Thanks in advance!

Samantha

0 Likes
arushibhatia20
Shopify Partner
187 35 123

Hi Samatha, 

I'd like to congratulate on creating such a beautiful store, and I adore your collection as well!

Your store tech and overall design seems pretty upto the mark and you're definitely headed in the right direction. 

•  My first recommendation is to make a page on your website to showcase your entire collection, and since you have a large number of products you can use an infinite scroll so that your viewers don't need to switch pages to view more products.
  • Also, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof. 
  • Create an incentive to take action by running your sales and offers for a limited time. One effective way to create time pressure is to use a countdown timer on your site. I'll provide you with a few links of apps that do the same. 
  • Show viewers how many days, hours, and minutes they have to make a decision.

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.

Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.

I'm providing you some app links that might be useful. 

Links -

Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost

Social Proof Urgency App

Hopefully my insights will be of help to you. 

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
738 73 131

Hi @scvdz,

Hyde here from Shopify.

You've done a fantastic job with your site! You've got pages with plenty of good content, it's laid out beautifully, and the navigation is intuitive.

So really your next consideration is your marketing funnel, how you're going to promote your site. Here's a good post about the marketing funnel and here's a discussion about developing a content strategy.

There are also some great examples in that last post about female entrepreneurs sharing their stories and connecting with their customers as a result, which I feel could probably help you frame your story too!

Google likes pages with more than 300 words in it for SEO purposes. So you could consider how you can develop the content on each of your pages. For your About Us page for example, here's what an About Us page should contain. Consider too how to use videos to boost sales.

I hope this helps, but I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Oh My Goody!

The name given to the Shopping Cart ie" Goody Bag" looks quite innovative and lovely. However,you need to pay attention to some of your missing site elements listed as follows:

• There is an uneven spacing between the (Login and Cart) sidelinks which looks awkward.
  • You are missing the "home button" at the header menu beginning.
  • Shift the "free shipping bar" from below the header menu to above the (Logo and Sidelinks) respectively.
  • A "BUY NOW" Button is an instant "Call to Action" which when added helps in simplifying the checkout process.
  • "Twitter being a powerful tool for all ecommerce store owners", should be added alongwith Linked In to the site footer.
  • Site legitimacy can be increased by adding "Trust Badges" near the site footer.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Expecting a marvellous store performance after launching.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes