Would love some feedback on my store!

ZodiacJewellery
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello! I'm currently on the verge of setting up my online store. If anyone could have a quick browse and give me some feedback that would be great. Don't hold back please be honest. Just one thing I should mention. I know my product photos are awful. Waiting for my stock to arrive so will retake different ones. Thanks 

Password: Password56

zodiacjewellery.co.uk

My plan is to advertise using instagram influencers to begin with. For example, there are many pages dedicated to talking about peoples star signs with memes etc. However, if anyone else has anyone tips on advertisement that would be fab. Thanks 

Also, I am not a dropshipper. Will be posting and packaging myself.

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1207 61 366

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

Congratulations on a new store! I love your designs

Almost all of your items are on sale - that can affect your credibility as a retailer.

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 13.38.12.png

People might not feel the discounts are genuine, or that they get real knock-off prices. Be very scarce with your discounts, and offer only 10% of products on sale at a time. People will then be more prone to buy items on sale.

Consider also using a professional email address [such as sales@yourdomain.com] instead of a free one. It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI

On a product page, the sections "You may also like" and "Simiilar products" show identical items, so you can remove one of the sections:

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 13.39.58.png

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve complete website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/  

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
241 9 69

Hey there @ZodiacJewellery You've come up with an amazing store! Here's what I'd like to suggest - 

1. Your homepage looks perfectly fine, only thing is that, you're using bold and quite basic fonts. Try and come up with a sleek and elegant fonts. 

2. When i'm at your product page, I see that there's only 1 image in those pages. Try and have at least 2-3 images of every product. Also, you need to shorten the size of your images. 

3. I hope you've added customer reviews in your online store? 

Coming back to your marketing tactics, your plan is really great. But i'll suggest that don't get into paid collaborations in the starting. Here's what you can do - 

1. Start blogging. 

2. Run social media promotions for sometime. Restrict to just rolling out social media posts and boost posts where you've showcased your products. 

Only after 2-3 months of your store's launch you should get in touch with influences. It's not bad to try organic campaigns first right? 

Do you mind going through this blog - How to sell on Shopify? I've tried to cover organic as well as paid forms of marketing that you can inculcate in your marketing strategy! 

I'm from CedCommerce - We are a team of coders and developers who are constantly helping online sellers with their eCommerce journey! Let me know if we can be of any help to you! 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
ZodiacJewellery
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much for the response! I really appreciate the feed back. I'll definitely be adding and removing them critics. I totally agree.

ZodiacJewellery
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much! I totally agree with the font. Can definitely find a better one. I'll definitely check out other promotions as well as the influencers. I'll check out your blog now!

0 Likes
AdamAnas
Excursionist
30 1 6

Remove unused CSS from theme, it will help you to improve PageSpeedInsight/Lighthouse Score of your webiste

Fawwaz_K
Excursionist
33 4 12

Hey @ZodiacJewellery

I hope you’re doing well.

I have inspected your store and here’s my report:

Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are either copied or not unique. 

According to Google, if your products have common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results. 

Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.

Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is really bad. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions. 

Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
ZodiacJewellery
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for the feedback! Sorry what's that and how would I go about doing that if you don't mind me asking. Thanks. 

0 Likes