Would love some feedback on my website, Chic Picks!

Tourist
7 0 1
Hi! I’m trying to get my boutique website looking as professional as possible with literally no budget and using only my inexperience. I’m beginning to get more traffic, have made a few sales, and I would like some input on where I can improve. What might not work, stop conversions, bounce rate, how it looks on different devices, etc. I am in process of adding size charts but have an issue with the code. My next step is to implement reviews but any other suggestions, I really appreciate since I’m a complete novice in the website building world. Thank you!
Seewhatchicpicks.com
0 Likes

Hi @Chickpick 

You could add some blogs solving problems visitors might be having in your niche. This will build a connection with your visitors and at the same time build a brand people can trust.

I think your home page has to much going on. Might need to make that more simple. 

Loving the vibe I got when I first landing on your website. Your collection pages also have a great feel to them. 

It's great you have already got some sales. Most people struggle here. 

Keep up the good work. I also just emailed you something special. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
87 3 16

Hi @Chickpick,

Some things that stand out:

- Layout - the site doesn't seem to follow a standard layout - Header at top with product categories, etc

- Landing page is extremely busy - maybe limit to highlight one product per category, then users can click through to see more products from that category vs so much listed on front page.

- Colors - There is a lot of them. I'm a huge proponent of less is more. 

- Pictures - Although most are professional - they aren't consistent (e.g some are close up of the product only while others have models wearing the item). Also the coloring around the photos just takes attention away from the product. 

- Font - not consistent - pick a font (preferably something like Arial) and stick with it.

- Remove 'Chick's story' and associated images (or move to an 'About us' page). It makes the store seem small.

- Logo - Same as colors - less is more. 

Hope this can be useful.

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes

Hello,

Congratulation for your store. I have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your store loading speed for mobile and desktop

2. Go for other color and font combination

3. Optimize your product landing page

4. Optimize your store for SEO

5. Integrate your Instagram feed at home

6. Add blog section

Need more expert guidance? Please contact us here: https://ecommercetask.myshopify.com/

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
245 27 51

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I can see you've received some great feedback here from the community, I'll try to give some more input into improvements for your store. You've made a great start, and with a few tweaks, it'll be even better!

1) High-Resolution Images: Make sure that all your images are high resolution, with little to no pixelation. I can see the images are a little blurry in your slideshow, likely because they are being sized up too much for the file size. 

2) Landing Page: There's almost too much content on your landing page. Think of the landing page as your portal to the rest of the site. It should be easy to navigate to every single other part of your store from the landing page. It should communicate what your store sells, your store's mission statement, and branding at a single glance. 

3) I would agree that the About Me you have at the bottom of the landing page would be best suited to a separate page entirely dedicated to you, your business and your mission. 

4) A fashion blog would be right at home on this site, and it would improve your SEO! Why not do a lookbook sort of blog, for different seasons and collections? 

5) Your site is colorful, and this is definitely a good thing! However, for consistent branding, you should keep a color scheme throughout the store. 

6) Social Proof: Do you have social media accounts for your business? You should consider linking these to your Shopify store!

7) Peer reviews and testimonials: how about getting some other bloggers or influencers to review your products and you can place their review in your blog! It's been proven that peer reviews have a huge impact on conversions. 

Overall, you've made a great start with a very unique slant on the fashion niche. Is this your first online store? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Astronaut
788 49 176

Hi Chickpick,

Your store looks amazing and the products are awesome.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Use logo with the transparent background and use more high resolution image.
  2. The site default text font is not doing justice to the whole website, try for some clean serif font which is less shaky.
  3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search
  4. Add size guide, its a must for clothing products.
  5. You should add terms and condition, refund, shipping and privacy policy page, it’s good for SEO purpose.
  6. Add an email address, if not a phone number, on the Contact page. It will add an additional level of trust to your store.
  7. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  8. The default search landing page https://seewhatchicpicks.com/search is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  9. Lastly, You have over 175 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows advanced custom filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1
Thank you! I just changed my logo this week actually from a transparent background, I thought this popped better. I’m in process of adding size chart. I worried about my fonts. Thanks for search suggestion! I had no idea. Now just to figure out how to implement your suggestions. Lol!! Oh and I have all of those policy pages. Although I’m about to change my refund as soon as I get my permit from usps to include a return label in each package. Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions. This is exactly why I did this. 🤗
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Yes it is, although I’ve redesigned this one several times. I’ve been slowly working on it for about a year. I know NOTHING. Seriously. I’ve waited to reach out to support on a few things since I’m just now about to start my promotions. I’m slowly putting it out there, why my traffic increased and I had a few sales but my conversions weren’t happening. So, I revamped my entire design, wasted two weeks customizing a new theme that I hated, added Afterpay, tentatively started a few blog posts (need some research in that area), size charts (I can’t seem to add the code correctly), and now asked for feedback to truly improve. How do I link my social pages? I thought they were linked in all honesty. I only have Facebook and insta. Instagram just denied my Shop their sales channel which I’m discovering is common. I have a Facebook page and sell on Messenger but I could not figure out how to add Facebook Pixel the other day. Thank you so much for your suggestions! I’ve got some work to do.
0 Likes