Would love some honest feedback on my store

Solved
kaysangelscents
Tourist
4 0 3

Just recently had a redesign of my whole store, I feel like there's something missing but I just can't figure out what exactly.

My store is https://www.kaysangelscents.co.uk/ - I seem to be getting visitors but these aren't converting into sales and getting quite a few "abandoned checkouts" happening.

Would love some feedback, good or bad, and opinions on what if anything needs adding/changing.

Thanks

Hi @kaysangelscents 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 90.000 active Shopify merchants. Personally, I think you story looks good, however, I still got some comments for you to better your store. Here they are:

1. Full-width page

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 10.54.34 AM.png

You might want to enlarge the page width (especially for the navigation, header, banner, footer and hero section). The collection you can have it like what it is now but a full-width for the aforementioned sections could be great

2. Add more section on your homepage

- Homepage is like the front door of your site so you might want to make it as impressive and informative as possible so your visitors can understand what they are about to get. 

- You can consider to add About Us, Featured Product, Product List from one great collection, Testimonial, etc.

3. Secondary hover image

- You have secondary hover image for your products however that secondary hover image is not that different to the 1st one thus it does not provide much extra information for the potential customers. You might want to add another one.

- Same to your product page, one product needs about 3-5 additional images. I think you would want to add some more.

4. Page speed

I did some test on your store speed, you could check the result here:https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kaysangelscents.co.uk%... . You should base on this result and enable some useful tactic like: Reduce unused JavaScript, Reduce unused CSS, Preload the image with the largest content render time, Local file minification, etc. to make your web page loads faster, therefore increase the customer experience 

---

This all I have to say, if you feel this comment is helpful for you to draw a good insight please give me a like and / or mark it as solution! 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3730 214 663

Hello @kaysangelscentsThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- On the homepage, add a section of new arrivals and trending products with the help of personalization. 65% of American customers consider positive, personal experiences to have more of an impact on them than advertising.

- Fix this section on the product page. Products cannot be seen in the recently viewed section. 

AiTrillion_0-1624857491971.png

Increase the viewport of the store. The viewport is the user's visible area of a web page.

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

AiTrillion_1-1624857805631.png

Add a web push notification- It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

AiTrillion_2-1624857883336.png

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Overall your store looks visually appealing and everything's great. You need to put effort into marketing. Prominent things missing in your store are engagement tools that will lead to a high bounce rate.

To add the above marketing engagement tools like review carousel, automatic workflow, recently viewed section, push notification there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available, you can install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @kaysangelscents,

This is Anni from MS Web Designer - TOP Rated Shopify Experts based in Singapore. We would like to provide some recommendations based on our seven years of experience in providing solutions to over 10000 active Shopify merchants.

We have reviewed your store, and some changes can be made to make your store more professional and attract more customers. Here are they:

Design recommendations-

The home page:
1.The main banner should be in proper size and the CTA buttons can be more attractive

MS_WEB_DESIGNER_0-1624873638209.png

2.The text, fonts, colors, and spacing should be managed properly.
3.Too much white space should be avoided and high-resolution good pictures should be uploaded.
4.The trust badges should be added to ensure trust.
5.Testimonials can be added for building trust.

On the Cart page:
1.Add terms and conditions to avoid legal issues
2.Add trust badges

Do On page SEO for better conversion and sales

Check this apps:
1.Free app from the Shopify app store for terms and conditions
2.Voila, Shopify app: adds a highly efficient cart feature, proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Shows multiple Discount coupon codes on the cart page)

Best of luck with your store.

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes
Anike
2 0 0

HELLO HOW ARE YOU 

I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU NEED AND I CAN HELP YOU OUT WITH IT kindly drop me a message on this 

OLUWAYEMIPRECIOUS7@GMAIL.COM

OR 

+2347042777301

0 Likes

Hi @kaysangelscents 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions to increase traffic to your store.

-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.

->Rewards & Credits: Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

->Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

->Videos; You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

->As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add Wishlist feature 

->Wishlist : Add 'Wishlist" button beside add to cart . Wishlist will helps us to send emails to customers to drag his intension towards item and make him to buy.

I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 135 327

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @kaysangelscents,

Congratulations on your re-design! 

screencapture-kaysangelscents-co-uk-2021-06-28-11_31_58.png

First, my sincere condolences on the passing of your sister Kayleigh. I think what you are doing in her memory and for her daughter is wonderful, I truly wish you all the best. I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:

LOCAL
I’d recommend connecting with other local handmade businesses in my area and ask if they want to collaborate to put together gift baskets. You’d add one of your products, they might add a handmade card or a piece of jewelry, another person might add a bath bomb, etc. 

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local gift shops and flower shops to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store.

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. I see you are on TikTok already (which is great), keep going with it! This could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course teaching others how to make your products).

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. Instead of having small/large options (this should be decided on the back-end of things depending on the number/size of items ordered), I'd recommend displaying different shipping speed options (ie. regular mail, priority, express).

kayleigh-01.png

CURRENCY CONVERTER
I’d recommend adding in a currency converter since you ship worldwide. Here is a video we did showing some free currency converter app options:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

kaysangelscents
Tourist
4 0 3

Thank you so much for this feedback, I'm going to sit and have a read through all your suggestions and make the necessary changes to my shop.

I will definitely be in contact if I need any further help

Claire

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3730 214 663

Hey @kaysangelscents,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the all-in-one marketing app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

P.S- Free plan available.

Reply Awaited!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
kaysangelscents
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi @AiTrillion 

I am slowly working on a whole new website to make some of the changes you suggested, a preview of it can be found here: https://dem3q3687c7lhsh7-48641048728.shopifypreview.com

Still got a lot to do and content to add before it goes live in September though, currently working on trying to change the scent option into a drop-down menu on products at the moment, but not having much luck just yet.

Screenshot 2021-07-18 at 20.29.55.png

I haven't had a chance to check out the AiTrillion app just yet, but will be over the next few days.

Claire

0 Likes