Would love some honest feedback on my store.

Highlighted
4 0 0

We recently switched to Shopify from Squarespace. Loving it. Could you take a few to check out our store? Would love your thoughts.  It's www.masigi.com.  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 85

Hi, There!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

Your website looks very professional and it's clear that you thought thoroughly of every detail. Excellent work ladies! I'm very impressed!

A few small pieces of feedback. It's a good idea to have your Return Policy listed on the footer of your website in the same area as your Contact Us, Terms, and Privacy Policy is listed. Even if you don't accept returns it's helpful to have this information listed on your website so your customers know what to expect in case they need to return a product or if their order arrives damaged.

Since you're selling a product that people use on a regular basis, you may want to think about having the option for them to purchase as a recurring subscription. While the Shopify platform doesn't have this option natively, you can use an app such as ReCharge Recurring Billing & Subscriptions to set that up. 

Your social media pages are looking good. I see you have donated products to various giveaways which is a good way to get your product in front of other people. Another idea along these lines is to find subscription box companies who sell to your target audience and ask those companies if they would be interested in adding your product to their next month's box or a future box. This allows you to put your product in front of someone else's audience who is your target market so that they can try your product, fall in love with it, and purchase from you in the future. This also provides a mutual benefit for the subscription box company you would be working with. If you have a few subscription box offers you may want to work with one at a time so that the business owners are not upset that they each have a similar product being sent out in their boxes at the same time. I found some boxes related to health that ship to the USA here. Cratejoy is a good site for finding subscription box companies that your product would be a good fit for.

You'll notice some abandoned carts because I was testing your checkout to make sure that everything was working. The email address on them is test@test.com so they're pretty easy to spot.

I'm an oil pulling fan myself so it's really exciting to see that you have these natural flavors to try as a change from the conventional plain taste of oil on a daily basis. I wish you all the best with your business! If you have any other questions we're here to help! 

Jade | Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Jade, thank you so very much for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
55 0 6

A product like that needs testimonials and endorsement. the Site and product can look wowing but if I' m going to be putting anything into my body, I need to see where its already being used by people, and it would help if one or two of person are trusted influencers or even someone popular to add some credibitily.  

Elevate The Status Quo
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 85

Hello again!

Ocean Boulevard has a great point with social proof being added to your product pages. If you have influencers that can make a video of themselves using your product that would be very beneficial. In addition, it would be a good idea to put a video on your product pages since this will also add as proof that you're selling a good quality product. Here are some video suggestions:

1) Using a product review video created by an influencer such a YouTube influencer

2) A How It's Made video that talks about the process of making the product. Here is a great example on their product page of a how it's made type of video from Lush Cosmetics that talks about how to make this particular shampoo bar.

3) Another option which may work well for your business is a How-To type of video. Using an example again from Lush, here is a video showing how to use a shampoo bar along with the benefits of the particular on they're featuring on their product page. Since you have a product that's not in the mainstream yet, this type of video is one to consider as well.

I love the clean look of your website. It really makes your products the main focus and stand out!

Jade | Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you both! Great points about testimonials and videos.

0 Likes