Would love suggestion on how to improve our conversion rate?

seb1717
Excursionist
15 0 2

We have a fairly new website www.carmensol.com and we have worked in several way to improve our content. One big issue we have is that only about 15% of the added to cart are becoming are converting to sales and our conversion rate is about 2% of the web traffic. Considering how difficult is to drive customers to the site and how much we spend to do so (with FB ads and other way to drive traffic) , I am really not understanding the low percentage of conversions. I am at a blind spot here , we have tried everything from adding express check out from Apple Pay and Amazon Pay and still not sure.  Would appreciate very much any suggestions.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1193 105 289

2% is a good conversion rate, but I'll also share some ideas to help increase that:

1) I would set a delay on the popup so the user doesn't have the first experience with your site be getting hit with a popup.

2) Test a brighter call to action on your product pages. Right now the white add to cart button blends in with the rest of the page. The PayPal button is nice to stand out. If that's your goal action then I think that's ok to leave as is.

3) Consider testing your checkout button on the cart page. For your page's main call to action, you want to have something that really stands out, that will generally get more action clicks.

If you want to A/B test things like #2 and #3, check out my app Theme Scientist: apps.shopify.com/theme-scientist. It allows you to test 2 versions of a theme or products, then it swaps them and gathers stats to see which version converts better.

4) Use Google Analytics to see conversion rates for various landing pages (collection pages, product pages, directly to home page, etc), then put focus in driving traffic to those pages, and improving the low converting entry pages.

5) I personally would turn off the blank screen animation your theme is doing. To me it makes the site feel like it's loading slower, because instead of a standard load and transition where you can see the elements on the page, it looks like it hides it, turns the screen blank, then reveals when the page is loaded.

6) I would add some spacing on the left/right side of the "Other top rated products" on the product page. The rest of the page has nice spacing on the sides, but the reviews widget butts up against the side of the screen (tested on laptop).

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
seb1717
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hey Joe, thank you so much for your great feedbacks, they are very helpful!

We set up a delay on the pop up , you are absolutely right!

I am not sure about your comment on the check out button, happy to connect and understand.

Also does the 15% of the added to cart as final purchases seem right to you?

0 Likes
seb1717
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hey Ben, thank you so much for your feedback. I absolutely agree on the importance of the reviews, we do use them from Yotpo in our product pages. Some styles - such the Alice you mentioed - are new styles and don't have reviews yet.

Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I can see that you've received some really great feedback on your store already. I'll try and offer my own insight, focusing on the few changes I'd like to see implemented: 

• I'm not a huge fan of discount spinners on the landing page. Have you A/B tested to check to see if there is any impact on conversions? I believe that they were effective at one point, but I'm not sure if they are still as effective. 
  • I feel your banner is taking up too much real estate, almost a full page and a half before I see any products or collections. I'm not sure one single image is ever worth that much space on a website. Once you get into the Top Sellers you are nailing it in terms of experience, but there's too much scrolling required to reach that point. 
  • The About Us is comprehensive, and well written. Nice job! 
  • There are a lot of items in your navigation. Are all of these necessary? Can some of them be placed in the footer section? For example, the 'Help' section, or Accessibility? 

I feel that moving through your store is a little slow for customers and this could be impacting how many are reaching the checkout. The LEAST amount of resistance (scrolling/clicking/navigating) to show them the product they want and purchasing it the better! 

All in all, a very nicely designed site! You should be really proud! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

seb1717
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hey Cal, agreed on the banner and we are making the necessary changes.

Also totally agree on the navigation we will simplify and group some together. Some can be moved in the footer.

What do you think about out check out process, do you see anything we should improve

Thank you so much for your positive feedbacks, we are trying out best and feedbacks like yours really help to improve

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hi again @seb1717! In terms of checkout, the only thing I personally don't like is being redirected to my cart when I add a product to it.

I would rather stay on the page, and have something like a 'drawer' cart come in from the side, or some little notification to say the item has been added to the cart.

The cart and checkout itself are fine! 

seb1717
Excursionist
15 0 2

Thank you so much Cal, I will definetely change that! makes absolutely sense. Happy that you don´t see any other issues with our check out. 

One question I have is regarding Amazon. We don't sell in Amazon, but we use Amazon Pay. I feel that customers leave the page to see if we are in Amazon (and they may be reminded by us uasing Amazon pay) to see if they can get free shipping or better price. What do you think? I was thinking to add something like WE DON'T SELL IN AMAZON :)?

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hi again @seb1717! I'm not sure that you'll see many people leave checkout once they see Amazon Pay, but I can understand your concern surrounding this. You could add a note on checkout using your language editor, to insert a piece of text saying you don't sell on Amazon. 

You could also deactivate Amazon Pay if you wanted to stop using that particular part of the accelerated checkout

Without knowing the specific behavior of your customers I'd be unable to make a recommendation. How many actually use Amazon Pay? Would not having Amazon Pay as an option on your checkout cause you to lose sales right now? If not, then why not remove it, if you have a concern about conversions. I'm a big believer in A/B testing! 

0 Likes
Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

Hey @seb1717,

You’ve got some great advice from people who have commented here. It will surely help to implement those steps. 

Here’s some additional advice you can try to increase your conversions. Since your product catalog is so big - you can draw customers’ attention to the bestseller, sale items. 

You can do this by adding product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Low on Stock They tap into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency and nudge users towards more sales.

Apps like ModeMagic help you apply labels and badges to your product images, and increase your conversions!

Check it out, and let me know how it goes!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks