Would love to get feedback on my store

Excursionist
17 0 6

https://discountcatholicstore.com/  

Hello all,

Any feedback would be appreciated.  I am especially wondering if the home page is too busy.  It's a bit redundant with a left navigation menu which has the same collections as the center part of the page but I think it helps with Google rankings (gives those pages more weight).  

Thanks!

Jann 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Jann 

I think your home page needs to flow better. You want the visitor to get a good feeling when they land on your home page. I would remove the navigation on home page on mobile and set it out like this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( Something Interesting ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) 

Overall some great things going on. I love all the testimonials. I'll also email you something that will really help you. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1308 76 158

Hello,

Congratulation for your store. I have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your store loading speed for mobile and desktop

2. Need to work on home page design

3. Optimize your product landing page

4. Optimize your store for SEO

5. Use silo structure menu

6. Add blog section

There are other areas you need to work

Need help? Please contact us here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Browse Shopify Small Tasks Catalog
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 6

Hi Clayton,

Thanks for your feedback.  I put in a slider and it looks better.  Let me know what you think.  I also changed the script to the store name at the top to make it look a little less generic.  I had taken my slider pics down because I thought it distracted customers from shopping.  I also put the privacy policy in the footer.  Great suggestions.  I agree the pics should be more uniform but I have over 5,000 products... 

I was wondering if you knew the answer to this question:  I have a pic I'd like to use as a tiled background to the pages but the template only allows color backgrounds.  Would you be able to tell me how to use a pic to tile the background?

Thanks,
Jann 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jann 

If you like shoot me a email its much easier. Reach Clayton here

No dramas on the feedback. Happy to help.

I put in a slider and it looks better.  Let me know what you think. 

I like to only use 1. I pick the best one and have that. Really up to you. Just don't use more then three :) 

I also changed the script to the store name at the top to make it look a little less generic. 

Looks good for now. I'd think about changing it to proper logo later but it will do for now. Much better then before. 

I had taken my slider pics down because I thought it distracted customers from shopping. 

Well like I was saying maybe 3% of the visitors will convert on first viewing so personally I'd rather go for there email and make them feel good on the website first. I think when you're starting out its all about gathering emails and giving of a good first impression. When you build online brand up you can experiment on other ideas.

The other thing you have to remember your website isn't eBay or Amazon. Both of those brands have built the reputation. Amazon you no you will get the items fast, eBay you no you're covered if the sellers mucks you around.  People don't really no your brand. They normally suss you out first when they don't no your brand. 

I also put the privacy policy in the footer. 

Awesome 

Great suggestions.  I agree the pics should be more uniform but I have over 5,000 products... 

I know your pain here. My first website I listed 7,500+ items. It was a mission. Some themes auto align the images per row for example SUNSHINE theme does this. I personally wouldn't recommend this theme. Its great just bit out dated. I'll have a look around and see what theme I'd recommend for you. 

The thing you have to ask yourself is it worth fixing them all ? This is what I'd do. Fix 5-10 products every day. That way you will not get burnt out doing it. Some days do more if you feel like it but just make sure you fix a minim number a day. While you're doing each one I'd fix all the SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) on each product and a year from now you will probably crush it on google. This is how I ranked page number #1 on google for well over 1,000 different searches. 

I was wondering if you knew the answer to this question:  I have a pic I'd like to use as a tiled background to the pages but the template only allows color backgrounds.  Would you be able to tell me how to use a pic to tile the background?
I personally wouldn't do this. The reason is will the image resize properly ? Think about all your visitors coming from mobile , laptop , desktop , extremely large monitors etc. Is it worth it ? I don't think your theme can do it with out coding. Some of the paid themes allow it. 

Hope all of that helped. 
Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
49 3 16

Hi @Jann_Mestel ,

Your niche looks amazing, I love it.

There is no product recommendation in action on your product page. It's a mandatory feature you can try any app from the Shopify app store. This would help you engage your customers more on your product page, that will increase the conversion rate.
"Upsell with AI recommendations" is a great product recommendation app that you can trust. It recommends similar products from your catalog to your customers as well as help you upsell it. Give it a try Link: https://apps.shopify.com/recommend-similar-looking-products

Best of luck :)

Technology Consultant, Turing Analytics
shyam@turingiq.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1755 111 382

Hi Jann,

Good to know you are a religious man. Your store looks really good .I think you have done  most of the things right, With a little patience and some tips, you can reach good amount of sales.Here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Some banner images are high quality and some are low,See this.
  2. Another not that great thing is different size of images, Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together.
  3. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  4. Add few more images for your products,as it will influence someone better to go for the product.
  5. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  6. Holy man ! You don't have any search , Really. Though you carry around a great amount of products.The default search landing page  https://discountcatholicstore.com/search?type=product&q= is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  7. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.Also it might ease the customer.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted

Super interesting niche. The store has a nice vibe over all. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders.  One strong image will always do better then 3 or 4 average images to fill space.

2. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together as it helps show a strong consistent brand across your store

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

4. I would clean up the design of your homepage because you already have the left navigation... not sure you need the "Religious Medals and Jewelry" section.

5. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

6. Look at working on your collection pages and making them 10x better for SEO: This won't happen over night and is a long term investment but one worth making.

Product Page  Feedback

1. The don't left the left navigation as it makes the product pages longer then they need to be on desktop. A top navigation with a drop down menu might make your site looks cleaner

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

5. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store is great at a basic level but your product pages are going to be an upgrade. They have tons of potential that you are not using right now.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes