Would love to get your feedback on my store, what I can improve and what I have missed?

Solved

Hi Community, 

I have been building my Shopify store for the past 6 months and have had some really high and really low moments. I'm sure we all have. I have done almost everything by through watching videos and reading the help guides. I now need to refine it and get a developer to look at it to do the real backend stuff. I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at the store as a consumer and let me know what your pain points are and what you would like to on the site. If you could second guess what I would need to say to the developer, that would be an extra bonus!! Thanks in advance. 

My shopify store is https://modesttrends.co.uk/ 

Nice comments please, I'm still learning!!

Thank you

0 Likes
byJaimeLopes
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Overall I like the layout, it's quite clean and minimal which is great.

You could increase some of the spacing around things, as a few elements feel cramped.
It looks like you are missing an image in the rotator/slider at the top of the home page, two of those images are quite pixelated/blurred, and on my screen (1080p) the models head is cut off on every picture...

Also your newsletter pop-up seems to be a weird color, it's yellow-ey brown whiel the rest of the site is pink...

just a few small things!

Thanks Jamie. I am putting an excel sheet together of all the issues and will be sure to add these for the development team to look at. 

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
894 24 277

Hi @Modesttrends !

Add a favicon

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2994 172 547

Hello @Modesttrends, I hope you are doing good! below are some quick tips:

- You can display new arrivals, best sellers on the homepage. 

- Display reviews or testimonials on the homepage.

- Add a loyalty program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Add an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Fawwaz_K
Excursionist
33 4 12

Hey @Modesttrends

I hope you’re doing well.

I have inspected your store and here’s my report:

Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow of your website. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are either short or not unique in short useless. 

According to Google, if your products have short or common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results. 

Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.

Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is not good. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions. 

Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

Thanks Adelia. I am taking a look at the app now. I did put a section on the products page for reviews but did not know how to get the reviews. 

Will try and install now. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions. Very helpful

0 Likes

Thanks. This is super helpful. Thanks

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
765 95 247

Hey @Modesttrends,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

You've done a great job on your site so far. Everything looks well organized and professional.

First, a something minor I noticed on your homepage banner was that 2 out of the 3 images you have on there are a little blurry. It usually comes down to one of these three things:

1. When you save the image, it saves as a low quality image or .jpg. Solution: .png is recommended
  2. The image is too BIG and is automatically compressed to a lower quality when uploaded. Solution: Downsize your image to the exact measurements of the space you are trying to fill and stay within the recommended file size.
  3. The image is too SMALL and gets stretched out/blurred when it tries to fit the space. Solution: use a larger image.

That second photo is great, nice and crisp but the others need to be replaced.

modest-home.png

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. No need for a developer, you can do this, we walk you through it in our video :

My last piece of advice is to set yourself apart. Clothing is a very saturated market. You have a niche audience which is great but you will still need to do some work to set yourself apart from the rest. I'd recommend researching what is currently trending and focus on selling that. Also, make sure you get on social media and use it as a means to serve your audience and market your products. What I am suggesting is either use YouTube or IG Reels (IG Reels if you want to do shorter videos) and create content such as "5 Ways to Wear a Hijab". You have product photos that show the product draped and tied in different ways so why not make a video on how you did that?

modest-tie.png

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes