Would love to have your feedback on my store!

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I launched my website about more than a month ago and would love to have feedback on it: www.instive.ca 

A lot of work and optimization but I'm sure to experts out there can help me optimize it even more!  

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
422 29 62

Hi, @AlexV!

My name is Tira and I work at Shopify.

I reviewed your storefront and I think you're off to a really good start! It's very clear that you put a lot of time and effort into making your store, it looks great! You've got stunning visuals, great product descriptions added to all of your products, and your store's policies, about us, and contact pages are included as well.  

I have some resources that I would like to pass along that will help you with optimizing your store even more, so that you can increase your conversions:

5 Reasons Ecommerce Product Videos Will Increase Sales - Since you're selling fitness products, I highly recommend providing videos on your product pages of you, or even an influencer using the product and demonstrating how to use it. Videos add a personal touch, and it's great for customers who don't have a lot of time to read through a description, but would enjoy watching a video instead. This would also allow your customers to share the video with their friends and family, and expand your reach to potential customers! Videos are also favoured by Google, so your store will rank better if there are videos included.

Shopify Academy - SEO Training - If you haven't optimized your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) yet for your store already, we have this free course on Shopify Academy that covers the basics of SEO, including signing-up for your own Google Search Console and Google Analytics accounts, as well as how to do your own keyword research to find keywords that match what you are selling, and what your target audience will search for, and how to optimize your on-site SEO as well as off-site SEO. This will help your store rank in search results more effectively to bring in traffic!

Our blog post, Keyword Research Essentials: How to Find the Search Terms Your Customers Use, is a terrific resource as well! It is essentially one of the parts of the Shopify Academy course listed above and includes steps of what types of keywords there are, as well as how to perform your research and use it on your store.

I also noticed that you've also included a blog on your website, complete with posts with links to your own products! That's really great as it'll really help bring in customers to your store, and your customers will trust your brand even more as you're sharing your expertise in the fitness industry. For ideas on different blog posts to write, check out these tips: How to Write a Blog Post That Actually Gets Read. It's good to consider, what your customer's questions or problems are, and how you can solve them with your blog posts/products! 

Lastly, I wanted to suggest reviewing our blog post, How to Get Your First Sale in 30 Days: A Marketing Checklist for New Entrepreneurs. You mentioned that your store has been open for over a month, but I think the tips in this post would still be helpful. It covers the importance of targeted traffic, how to get traffic for free and through paid advertising, connecting with your audience and analyzing your results to get sales!

Let me know if that helps! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Great to see a fellow Canadian brand here. I have some ideas on how to improve your site.

Homepage Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them on the homepage. This is going to help build trust

2. The water bottle look lonely at the bottom of your page. Might be better to show off a few items to max this space. Otherwise, it's getting wasted right now

3. If you plan to run ads on Google or Facebook in the future, make sure you have an email and address in your footer. Otherwise, your ads could be shut down

Product Page Feedback

1. Add your shipping and return/refund policy to all product pages as a link. This is something that all buyers look for

2. Remove the "Secured and trusted checkout with" and 10% off. The checkout logos can go in the footer if you really want to keep them. The 10% off can be a popup that happens once someone has been on your site for one minute

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them on each product page. This is going to help build trust

4. Add a section for popular / most bought product at the bottom of each product page

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you, @Tira! I will apply your recommendations! I already have done SEO but your articles show it even more in depth.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

@DuaneBrown thanks. So you recommend adding a section of the review directly in the homepage?

2- For the water bottle, I can change the layout, but I only have two products left for that space. I thought this design added a clean section for my accessories. 

3- I already run Google ads, didn't get them to shut down because I don't have an email in the footer.

4- Product page - I will try to implement these and see if it add more conversion. 

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes i'm. Having a healthy number of reviews by customers on your homepage is going to show that people like and trust buying from you store.  Make sense on the water bottle. Not sure if you are running Google search or shopping ads but we have seen a client get shut down because they didn't have that information in the footer. Just something to keep in mind.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes