Would love your constructive criticism for my store. Over

Solved
AEShops
Tourist
4 0 1

www.aparentsonestop.com

I would love some feedback on my store. I consider myself pretty good at social media ads, SEO, and digital marketing in general, but I have yet to make my first sell, and its been nearly a month. I have not started Google Adwords yet, but kinda fearing investing more in ads.

As you can see below, my bounce rate is kinda crappy with 63%.

I'm assuming that the niche I chose is competitive as heck and should have started with something else.

Should I continue to be patient or start a new project? This is my first go at a Shopify store.

AEShops_0-1600789192234.png

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
294 57 181

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @AEShops!  

Before we even begin, don’t give up yet! Yes, you have a competitive niche. But you need to celebrate the wins, such as even having traffic. You’re just a month in, and there’s plenty of opportunity to make an impact on your business growth.

Let’s start with the foundations:

1. If you don’t know why people aren’t converting, you need to figure out what’s going on while they are on your site. I would suggest using heatmaps (to see where people click/scroll) and session recordings (to watch individual sessions) to dive into what’s happening. What pain points and conversion frictions are stopping your visitors? 
  2. Since you have a higher bounce rate, you need to analyze your campaigns and sources. I would filter down a heatmap to see just specific campaigns and sources and evaluate where they click and how they move. Do they engage with your page at all, or do they leave immediately? 
  3. Google Analytics doesn’t look at the difference between visitors who bounce immediately or stay around for a few minutes before bouncing. Session recordings would be your insight into what’s happening. 
  4. Launch a poll on your site to see what products your visitors are interested in purchasing. You may find that you need more clothes and fewer toys, depending on what your visitors tell you.  Or you may find that you need to focus your messaging on babies rather than toddlers. All of that information can help you customize your messaging and inventory. 

In reality, your store looks like a nice store. You've put a lot of work into it, and it really shows. A few things I would suggest:

• Link your Free Shipping banner. It’s not linked at the present moment.
  • Limit your hero image to one rather than multiple images. Also, make sure they all have a CTA. Your “Babies are so precious…” hero image is lacking a CTA. 
  • As you look at your homepage, use a scroll heatmap to understand where people scrolling and how much information they are seeing. The deeper they go, the more information they’re going to see. Click heatmaps can then show you what people are clicking on.
  • In your footer, I would revise the columns. The second column (over 1500 happy customers) and third column (3 reasons to buy from us) seem repetitive. I would replace one with your contact information, and link the others to corresponding pages. 
  • Evaluate your main navigation with a heatmap to see where people are clicking. You may be able to keep About Us, Track Order and Contact Us in the footer and expand on the Shop. Is it would look like: Home | Shop All | Shopping for Babies | Shopping for Toddlers. You get the point. It could be whatever resonates with and makes it easier for your visitors.
  • Add filters to your collections to make it easier to sort through the products
  • Reiterate the free shipping on the product pages. Yes, the announcement bar is shown. But because it’s black, it may not stand out. You want your visitors to KNOW that it’s free shipping. 
  • Write a killer description for your products. Don’t leave it on the drop-shipping details; tap into your creative side.
  • Be mindful of the order of the sizes. I’m looking at the “Baby Dinosaur Hooded Romper Jumpsuit” and the order is: 12M | 18M | 3M | 6M. The order should be smallest/youngest to oldest. Also, the color needs to be updated as there is GY instead of gray. You may want to consider renaming it “costume” since Halloween is coming up or even dedicating an entire collection to Halloween. 
  • You have testimonials of your store, but you need reviews for the products. People right now aren’t going to purchase from you because of your brand. They’re going to buy from you because you have the product they want at the price they are willing to pay. Make sure you have a place for people to leave reviews and then encourage those reviews in your post-purchase confirmation emails.

Please, please, PLEASE do not give up yet. Learn more about your visitors and what they are going on your site to find those ways to improve their experience and grow your sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AEShops
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you Danny,

Great and thoughtful advice. I truly appreciate you taking your time to review my page and dive in to see what could possibly be happening. I have begun implementing your advice and luckyorange is a great tool.

Thank you for your motivation, I may just keep it a while longer as I build up my second niche store.

0 Likes
AEShops
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you Adelia,

I have actually been dipping into finding the right influencer to partner up with for a while now. I've had zero luck, but I agree that they have great reach because of their audience. Also, I'm still trying to figure out how to go about it. If they charge per post and so on.

0 Likes