Would love your feedback!

MakeCookingEasy
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello beautiful people,

As many others i finally took all my ideas about dropshipping toghetter and made the step to make a webshop about kitchen products. 

To make sure we are ready to start making facebook ads we would like to get your feedback.

A small explanation about our webshop and the idea behind it.

MakeCookingEasy is a webshop that we created to provide products that are easy to use or boost instagram pictures. On top of that we had the idea to share recipes we try that are easy to make and not time consuming. The main focus is to create a community that follows us with all the new products and recipes we introduce to them.

So to check if our website is ready to go we would like to get your feedback!

Every tip is welcome! I hope you guys stay safe!

Kind regards,

Joey from MakeCookingEasy

Growave
Shopify Partner
862 21 246

Hi @MakeCookingEasy !

Wow, your hero banner image made me feel hungry!

Add a favicon

I recommend to add blog - write interesting recipes - it will increase conversion, bring more traffic and sales. Make your store more interesting.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Ali-92
Trailblazer
126 9 46

Hi @MakeCookingEasy 

Your store is magnificent. Just a few cents of feedback. Add a marketing video to the homepage to make it more mouth-watering for the store visitors. Also, add a blog page and share weekly articles to engage the audience that will be driven to your website. You can share recipes in the blog. Since its a brand new store so I don't see any traffic in it. You should start doing some on-site SEO as well. This will help in the Google rankings eventually to drive traffic. 

Are you on social media platforms besides Instagram? If yes, add those platforms to your website header/footer as well. Moreover, I would recommend adding some in-store marketing tactics to your store as well for example, email marketing to collect the visitor's email address and then to retarget them with customized offers and reminders, also Facebook live chat widget would be a great addition as well since your goal is to build a community, so a welcome message and direct chat is always beneficial. You can check out CareCart to apply some of these in-store marketing strategies. 

I would also recommend to share recepips in video form. Your product range carries a lot of scope so content can vary from full recepies to few steps of doing this and that. Hope you have a great success with your store. Good Luck 

Shopify Marketing Solutions: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes
MakeCookingEasy
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello @Growave,

Thanks you so much for your feedback! I'm definitely going to add the blog page!

All the other tips will be on my to do list aswell! 

I hope you have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Joey

0 Likes
MakeCookingEasy
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello @Ali-92 

Thanks for the awesome tips! The video idea is something I really want to do! I'm thinking about making small insta video's where i show the recipe and I would like to add the videos on my site after that.

Again thanks for your feedback! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,

Joey

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @MakeCookingEasy

First of all, you need to give yourself major credit here. Your store looks like you’ve spent a lot of time on it, and that’s fantastic. You need to be proud of how far you’ve come! 

A few easy fixes off the bat:

• Add a favicon
  • Make sure your announcement bar stands out (i.e., put it in red with white text) and link it to your product page

Moving on, let’s start on the homepage:

• Hero image: I like that you’ve made it so bright and cheerful with the fresh ingredients. I would make the CTA stand out a little more - right now it’s blending in with the background too much.
  • Overall, the focus on the homepage is a little disjointed. Use a heatmap to see where people click and how far they scroll. Watch a session recording, which captures every visitor’s experience, to see what people are really doing while on your site. The reason I mention this is because you have a great foundation here, but I’m not sure it’s showcasing your products.  You need collections that can be easily featured, such as cookware or dining sets. Right now it feels more like you have a great concept but aren’t quite there.
  • Are you going to build up the Instagram side of it? I think it’s neat that you would help others make better Instagram photos of their food. If your visitors are also interested in, build out its own collection for it. Are there tripods and backdrops that can help frame a perfect Instagram shot?
  • Where are the recipes going to live? More people are likely going to be interested in your recipes and tips for Instagram photos than returning for your new products. 

Footer

• Terms of Service: Link your email address; I went through your other policy pages, and you have them linked correctly. Great job! 
  • Newsletter: Add more value here. You’re mentioning building a community, so start it here! 
  • Move your Contact Us and About Us to the footer - even if you keep them in the main navigation, 

Main Navigation

• Simple is generally better, but your main navigation may need a little work. Click heatmaps will show you where people are clicking, and session recordings will show you how they move around your site. How are they using your navigation? In general, you should try to make it possible for someone to land on a product page within 4-5 clicks; some people say as low as 6 clicks. 
  • Again, breaking your products into collections would be really helpful. You should spotlight them, or at least the most popular collections, in your main navigation. 
  • You may be able to move the About Us and Contact Us pages to the footer rather than in the main navigation. You’ll have to play that by ear. If click heatmaps show that these are getting clicks, you can leave them as-id.

Collection Page

• Filters are your friends (and your customers’ friends) - as you grow your inventory, you’ll want to make it easier for customers to find those products they are interested in buying. For example, someone may be interested in your bowl decorated bowl but not the drinking straws.
  • Again, more collections may be an asset here.

Product Pages

• Link to your shipping information; this is a huge issue for some customers. They want to know what to expect. I like that you’ve included a shipping note, but I would also link to your shipping page. 
  • I’m on the Exclusive Teak Wood Cooking Set page. You’ve gone a great job with the description, but the product information has to change. This is drop-shipping detail at its best, and you have to remove it/incorporate it in the description. 
  • We have to talk about your reviews. The way it’s displayed is obvious that you’ve moved over the five-star reviews from the drop-shipping site. Be very careful with that. Organic, genuine reviews are more valuable than these reviews that weren’t left on your site. Hiding the names and the stream of five-star reviews aren’t building trust. Most customers want to see a few lower-rated reviews because it adds authenticity to the opinions of other customers. 

Overall, you’ve done a good job at creating an attractive store that will generate interest. I would just encourage you to keep evaluating visitor behavior to find out what’s missing or stopping them from checking out. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Hope this helps! Good luck, Joey!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
MakeCookingEasy
Tourist
4 0 3

Good evening @LuckyDanny,

First of all thanks for all the tips you have given me! I will add them to my to do list to make the site look better.

The time you took for me to give me some good feedback points make me super happy! This is my first time doing all of this without following any courses but just do research through google and youtube.

The review section is a bit weird and I totally agree with you that i need to change that. Unfortunately I dont have any of my own reviews because the site just went up. 

I indeed want to build a community that is following for the recipes but I also hope alot of people are going to buy the products i sell. As i said will be looking at all the tips you gave me to fine tune the website and again thank you!

I would like to ask you something about advertising. I want to start advertising but i dont know if its good to allready do that. I started my instagram page yesterday and I'm trying to build a followbase on there with reposting video's about food (currently 70 followers in 1 day). I gain followers by following a ton of other people in the hope they follow back and the first 1000 followers are going to be hard to get. I will start placing instagram ads as soon as i have 1000 followers so people who will click on the instagram ad will see that i have followers so it looks good. But to get back to my question, what is a good time to start placing ads on Facebook? I'm 20 years old and my budget is around 150/200 euro's.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,

Joey

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

Hi @MakeCookingEasy,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations!

You've set up a great store with lovely products. Well done on an excellent job. My first bit of advice is to consider plumping out the content on your site. Your About Us page is looking a little sparse at the moment, and you've tucked it away at the bottom of your footer menu:20-10-uuqwj-i8f97

Here are some suggestions and templates for spicing your About Us page up. You could also take some inspiration from these About pages here:

- About Life is Good
- About Johnny Cupcakes

By the way: you're selling cooking utensils, so you've got the perfect opportunity to create a blog and share food recipes and develop a community!

Also, do you know who your customers are specifically? Do you know what kind of conversations to be having with them? Do you know what kind of world they inhabit? If so, who are your competitors in that area?

Be sure to also pay attention to your SEO ranking:

There are a few things you can do to help drive traffic to your store. The first thing is to get acquainted with SEO good practices. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and will allow your store to be found more easily through Google, etc. Here is a really helpful guide on how to get started with this. I also have more general information on that here. I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes