Would love your input on conversion and review of our new store!

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, after having had our webshop on a custom built site for 5 years, we finally made the move to Shopify and today we launched ! 

If you have any comments or tips, I would love to hear it. 

80 % of our traffic comes from social media, where we get a lot of browsers > our conversion rate is low. We will be getting into adds soon, which should help- but if you guys have any tips, I would love to hear it. 

Our collections are hand crafted and we have a huge demand wholesale , which we can never fulfil ( 1 cardigan takes 3-4 days to knit). Due to Covid restrictions, we are not doing wholesale this season, and really depend on webshop sales increasing. Very very excited to be on Shopify finally. 

Thank you and have a great day! 

Shirley 

www.shirleybredal.com 

1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Shirley 

Welcome to Shopify! Our agency manages paid ads for 3 kids brands (2 clothing & 1 toys) and my feedback will be based on that deep experience. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels / sliders have been proven to lower conversion rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Under Must Have Products, would be great if the product name and price was under each product

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make a sizing chart and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. The review section needs some work as the products I looked at didn't have any reviews but had a placeholder card. I would ask past customers to leave product reviews to help reinforce how great the clothes are

3. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.

P.S. If you ever need help with paid advertising. I would love to chat!

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Shirley, 

The site looks great. The one thing that jumped out at me personally is the type size and typeface choice for your menu. These old-man eyes of mine struggled to read the items in the subcategories underneath the main shop categories (eg: Rompers & Jumpsuits, Dresses & Skirts, etc.).

Hope that helps.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Duane, 

and thank you for taking the time to share your points. 

Homepage: 

1) Yes I have read read that too, and I did not realize the images were sliding  . We wanted the option of people sliding through but not automatically - will have it fixed. 

2) The names actually actually appear when you hover . 

Product page: 

1) Thank you , I think we forgot in the process. So helpful. 

2) yes, this we are aware of, and we are already collecting reviews. We felt we could launch without having them, as gettin g to this point was a LOT of work. Now we will focus on collecting and placing them 

3) I love it and we had it planned for this Summer , to shoot these in Kathmandu, but because of Covid flight restrictions we are delayed. Will really try to focus on it when Covid is over. 

Very helpful thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Dave, thank you for writing. 

To be completely honest, I am not a fan of all this SEO text all over the website , and I was trying to hide it a bit by making it smaller, as I don't believe anyone reads it anyway? Do you think people read it?

0 Likes