Would you buy from my store?

17 0 0

We' ve just launched www.femalewishes.com! It' s a store about women's accssories, bags & jewelry.. 

1. In your opinion does it look professional an trustworthy?
  2. Do you notice any major conversion killers?
  3. Any suggestions on how could we improve it?

Thank you all!!

0 Likes
Tourist
31 0 1

Hey...as a matter of fact....I Just Did!  So yes I would!  I purchased a messenger bag just now.  I can't wait to get it.  How can you afford to offer free shipping at such low prices?

0 Likes
Tourist
31 0 1

Just one thing.  The name of your site....it sounds like it is for maybe sex toys or some feminine hygene products....just my opinion as an American Shopper.

0 Likes
Tourist
16 0 1

I would purchase from your site. Along with many other sites here, yours looks very professional! Your product images are very sharp and detailed, are they "stock" photos?

Vintage Triumph parts, classic BSA parts, and Norton parts!
0 Likes
17 0 0

Hello!

Thank you for your purchase and for your feedback!

Sex toys?? :) That was definetely not in my intentions... I suppose it is because I am not a native english speaker..

One more thing, did you find the checkout process confusing or not very handy espescially for a mobile device?

0 Likes

The first thing I noticed is your pop-up. It appeared as soon as I landed on your homepage. It's a bit annoying. Especially since you're not offering anything in return for signing up. I suggest you offer the 10% discount to people who will sign up to your newsletter.

The pop-up about somebody purchasing a product is also annoying. And it pop-ups every few seconds. It's obtrusive. It also makes me doubt the authenticity of those purchases.

The fact that your images are set on different backgrounds definitely makes the site look less than professional. If you put some images on a white background, then you need to make all of them white. If you prefer those "lifestyle" shots, then go ahead and do it for all images.

Good start on your blog.

Also, it's very easy to navigate your site. Well done!

I suggest you make your social media sites open on a new tab so you don't drive traffic away from your site.

Your prices are very competitive, so yes, I would buy from your site. But I think you need to look into the above suggestions.

Best of luck!

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

J-za makes a really great point that I had a problem with at the very beginning of making my store

"The fact that your images are set on different backgrounds definitely makes the site look less than professional. If you put some images on a white background, then you need to make all of them white. If you prefer those "lifestyle" shots, then go ahead and do it for all images. "

This in my opinion is extermely important. I have seen many sellers sell items with many diffrent backgrounds and it really makes the site look cluttered and non-professional. Test and see what background images look best for your site.

Your email newsletter pop-up appears to quick. I can't even venture into your site without being notified. Let the consumer venture your site a bit then allow it to pop-up :)

0 Likes
17 0 0

Hello J-za & Classic British Spares!!

thanks a lot for your feedback!I really appreciate it!

I' ll take your suggestions under serious consideration! I've already set a delay on the newsletter popup so as not to appear immediately on homepage landing..

Can you have a look at our about_us page? Does it look professional?

I believe that so far the major conversion killer is that we don't support the COD payment method. We have received several questions about it but it is difficult to use it at present... 

What's more, I think that the shopify checkout process is a bit confusing.. I would prefer that all checkout steps were placed in one page.

What is your opinion?

0 Likes
Tourist
16 0 1

I think the delay is much better. I'm not in the fashion industry by why COD? The "about us" looks good but I would take it even further on the "who we are" section. You say (she) was in the fashion retail and (he) was in the web design. Perhaps talk about that together and explain how that can benifit your potential customers. I like seeing "about us pages" in detail, a more persoanl look into who you / the company are. How where you founded? Why where you founded? What are your goals? What is your mission? What can you provide that others cannot?  

0 Likes

I saw this meme once that when you buy local, you help a girl get dance lessons or help a couple send their son to college. You don't help a CEO buy his third luxury car or his second condo.

I completely agree with that meme and that's the reason I buy from small online stores like yours. I do buy from big retailers, but I get a fuzzy feeling when I buy from mom-and-pop stores. :)

So, what I'm saying is, I'd like to see more of your story on the About Us page. Personalize it. You can even start with your names! Tell your story.

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
0 Likes