Your Feedback on the newly made Shopify store please, thank you!

Solved
Geniuskatie
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi guys, please share your thoughts about the whole website structure, what have the negative aspect or positive ones by visiting the store. I do have few more things to, but it will be very helpful to hear some feedback. I am looking forward to reading your feedback. The web is www.geniuskatie.com

waytoapps
Trailblazer
234 21 112

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Geniuskatie 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make Hero banner of full width with Shop Now(CTA), as it gives first impression when visitor lands on the Homepage.

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons on the Products.

Add Testimonials on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

Include Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Geniuskatie
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello Waytoapps!

Thank you so much for your great feedback! Highly appreciated as you point few very important things I totally forgot about! Here is my reply:

Make Hero banner of full width with Shop Now(CTA), as it gives first impression when visitor lands on the Homepage.

I have to do research on that. Is there a way for brand new never seeing design to be promoted on this banner? As no one really knows about it just yet. So it would be nice to give visitors time to browse before asking for a sale no?

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons on the Products.

I am not sure the simple theme has this option. But I will work on that!

Add Testimonials on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

No testimonials just yet and I will not put any fake ones there, but yes as soon I get some they go straight to the Homepage!

Include a Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way, you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Yes, a blog page will be added as each design has a story behind it and I would like to share it.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 

WOOW very important that you notice that, I will work on it!

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

I am planning to do an article release, thank you.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, you can give further exposure to your products.

Yes, Etsy is on my to-do list as I think that will help to get an idea of what does attract potential customers.

All the best to you,

Katie

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 328

Hey @Geniuskatie,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

love-01.png

ABOUT US
I'd recommend adding in about us page. Tell the visitor who you are, what you mission is, if there is anything about your product that you want them to know (ie. quality, handmade, ethically sourced etc.).

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
If you are concerned that displaying longer shipping times will turn people off, I would say that for some it might but long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.

POD PRODUCTS
This is something we see very commonly on the forums. People tend to start shops selling Print on demand (POD) designs on hoodies, shirts, mugs and etc. Print on demand products tend to work well for people with large followings. Ie. popular YouTubers, Instagram influencers, etc. When you don’t have an existing following of fans that want to wear your merch, it’s a hard sell. Your products have a community/movement vibe to them which is great but I think you've "put the cart before the horse" by launching your product before you have built a community. When you build a community first, you get to know what words or phrases your community uses which could give you great ideas for phrases to print on your products, you will also get to know what products your community wants to buy instead of creating products you think they want.

When you are an unknown brand, it’s really difficult to sell POD products. As you know, shirts, mugs, leggings and etc. can be purchased offline in hundreds of retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a pair of leggings or a t-shirt in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery. I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store. 

POD TIP
I'd recommend doing a cost comparison through different providers that would give you better profit margins. T-shirts tend to be pretty costly on their own and then adding shipping costs on top of that - it doesn't leave much for you. Your only choice is to price your product higher but then you run the risk of being priced too high to the point where you aren't getting sales.

When searching, compare Gooten, Printify, Teelaunch and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

Printful: https://apps.shopify.com/printful
Printify: https://apps.shopify.com/printify
Gooten: https://apps.shopify.com/gooten
Teelaunch: https://apps.shopify.com/teelaunch-1

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Geniuskatie
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi,

yes, overall you right. I have a good and deeper reason why I am having store before all social stuff. I do not mind building that up. About me page is in progress, as the story behind why and how it all started is a bit too complex. So it requires some extra work to put it all into a simple message. So far I calculated prices with the quality I love and I do have some space for sale days and also the Love design project is for the long term not for the short term as there are so many style options that that alone is almost unbelievable. There are very exciting things following and I will release it slowly together with the social strategy. One reason is to protect my work and learn first more about the negatives even with the journey we do some mistakes. I am here for the long run so I do learn and enjoy the whole journey. I am not in a rush as I believe all come together with the way it should be. I plan some article release marketing and I am focusing to learn more about Pinterest. Hope it makes sense. Thank you very much for your long description as I do appreciate your time and opinion a lot. It does help.

Wish you all the best,

Katie

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
222 16 76

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Geniuskatie 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

• Screenshot_5.png

You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

Hello @GeniuskatieThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Display the collection list on the homepage.

- Add a section trending and new arrivals section on the homepage. Give product recommendations by personalizing the customers' shopping experience. 

- Product page looks good, add multiple images of the product on the product page. 

You need to increase engagement in your store which will capture your visitors and convert them into paying customers. Increasing engagement will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them which will also increase your customer retention 7 x times.

• Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.
  • Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, making a purchase, visiting a store, and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come back to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points. Programs like this are easy to set up and can spell huge success for your Shopify store. 

To implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. This will help you to maximize engagement in your store and drive conversions. Bring all your marketing efforts to one place and don't bear the hassle of managing multiple apps in your Shopify store.

P.S- Free plan available. Try AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Geniuskatie
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello !

I am doing great, thank you for asking. Hope you all great as well? Thank you so much for your time and feedback! Here is my reaction to it:

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. A good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

I am glad to hear that as I do think about the theme a lot and I rather not focus on it too much as I can always get back later on right.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user-friendly.

Very interesting, so do I understand that I should get rid of all sliders and just keep one?

You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

I try that a few times but I wasn't happy with the finished look as on mobile the position is under the slider and by checking on the website it was in a not very alluring position. Now I have it on in black with Find Your Favorites as I am still in the testing mode with it.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

Yes, I am very aware of it. As I am a social snail and I do take a bit longer to structure how I will post to build up engagement I am working on a plan behind the scene. My goal is to plan my way to present rather than get lost being all over the place. I am very honest with my self and I do know my weaknesses and strengths. Social media is my weak side as I do love to work "in my zone" without distractions. It is a challenge but I am up for it!

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

Yes, great point! I do love this idea and I it's already on my to-do list

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

That is a thought one as I do need to get the review first right? I reject the option to put fake ones as I do find this not cool. Most of the time I can tell when people do that and I won't be in this group. So yeah as soon I do have a review they will go immediately on my home page!

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

Yes, indeed! I appreciate your effort to help me, thank you once again and I wish you the Very Best of Luck as well!

0 Likes
Geniuskatie
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello,

thank you very much for your message. I feel a little bit overwealmed to start with your app, so I will need time to process this option and study the points.

Have an awesome day!

Katie

0 Likes
FASHTA
Tourist
5 0 3

These are great suggestions but you're start is fantastic!  The site has a clear design and very welcoming. I would make sure you get some reviews because its hard to get some sales without some more creditability so consider hiding zero stars until you get some reviews.  I would beef up your content so that you get more SEO.  I do not like that I have to agree to terms and conditions in order to checkout, you have to remove any friction.  Also, you do not ship to me in the US, so I couldn't get to experience the whole process.  If you are interested in a 3PL in the US, you might want to look into www.shipbots.com.  Glad to help in anyway that I can.

0 Likes