Your feedback is appreciated!

baklavanmore
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi All:

I've been tweaking our site over the last few months and would love your opinion on it: https://www.baklavanmore.com.

I'm still not a fan of the checkout experience and wish I can do more there but we're not on the plan that allows for customizing the checkout page. Debating whether we need to upgrade it so I can incorporate the pickup date / time there instead.

Thanks for your input!

Moe

0 Likes
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2120 51 277

Hello Baklava,

I just had look into your website, It's looking great. I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> You can create recipes blog for your website, It engages more viewers. Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> Start using credit score to your customers, It will helps you increasing of customers as well as revenue. You can give credit points like joining, subscription, referring, purchasing, review for your products,...etc.,

Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app "Tuecus". It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.

Thanks,
team Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Dashboard
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
Arunesh
Pathfinder
86 8 30

Hey @baklavanmore 

Hope you are doing well. Congratulations on your store.

I'm gonna keep it short. There are several things that affect the traffic on a website. 'Professional Looks' is one of the main driving factors. I'm going to put down some points which I think should be taken care of asap.

• Add a menu
  • Add pages (About Us, Policy pages, Contact Us etc.)
  • Remove the paragraph below the brand logo. Pin it somewhere on the website. (Maybe a popup)
  • Add 'Buy Now' and 'Add To Cart' on the Home page along with the products.
  • Add 'Buy Now' option on the product page.

There are some other points that should be taken care of. Post that, you need to promote your product in a proper way and in front of the right audience. I would highly recommend you to hire a team to help you out with all these issues. 

Secondly, there's one shortcoming: Product Descriptions are not proper.

We at Descrii offer similar services to start-ups at a very reasonable price range.

We generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas. 

Our team consists of some very talented professionals. And we will be obliged if you give us a chance to be a part of the beautiful journey of your store that lies ahead. 

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii 

Visit Our Website-  https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify store-  https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact-  hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
773 97 251

Hey @baklavanmore,

Congratulations on launching your store!

For local delivery and/or pickup, we did thorough videos on both which you can view below:

As for your website itself, I have a few recommendations.

First, on your homepage, I'd recommend adding in a homepage banner. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

Next, I'd add in a navigation bar. It's great you have everything so well organized and laid out on the homepage but once a person leaves the homepage to view a product, there are no links for them to click on to view something different unless they first go back to the homepage.

Another thing you can do is expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

screencapture-baklavanmore-products-baklava-heart-cake-2021-05-03-11_48_14.png

On some products you have "Shipping Available" and others don't. However, on the "Shipping Available" items, it still leads me to delivery by default and doesn't appear to give the option to ship. I would recommend doing some work on the back end to make sure there is no confusion. ie. what happens if someone adds a "Shipping Available" item to their cart and one that isn't?

I will leave it at that for now but if you need assistance, you can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3017 174 550

Hello @baklavanmoreThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

Homepage recommended layout - The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this, top announcement bar, Slideshow banners, Collection List, Product Recommendations, product reviews, Newsletter sign up box, Blog Posts, Instagram Feed & footer.

- Add policies like privacy and shipping in the footer.

AiTrillion_0-1620115057383.png

- Reviews- Add a review carousel or testimonials on the homepage. It will help in building trust with other visitors.

- Product recommendationsSetup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages. Also, add trending and new products on the homepage. You can do this with a help of an app.

Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email addresses. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

You need to engage your visitors coming to your site. Add these customer engagement tools to make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention.

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, if you need help with the store design, I will be happy to help. 

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
baklavanmore
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you team @Tuecus for the feedback! Good points raised. I've been debating putting reviews but never looked into it. I will certainly do that now! As far as a blog, yes that is something we need to do. I had even turned off people from subscribing to the mailing list but might be good to turn it back on.

baklavanmore
Tourist
8 0 1

@Arunesh, thanks for the short and direct points.

1. Menu / pages: I actually started adding pages the other day but have not published them yet.
  2. Paragraph: Do you think I should remove the 'Welcome to Baklava & More" too? I never liked that but didn't have anything else.
  3. Buy Now: I purposely turned it off because of the need to capture a delivery date and time. When buy now is enabled it skips the cart and all so doesn't allow us to capture that information. I know there is more ability to customize the checkout page with the higher plan but I haven't justified upgrading to that yet.
  4. Descriptions: Agree 100%, will investigate and reach out to your team.
0 Likes
baklavanmore
Tourist
8 0 1

@EcomGeeks, thank you for the feedback, videos, and examples!

1. Local pickup - I had it turned on for a few months and just yesterday disabled it. We are operating out of our home but have some pick up locations throughout the area. It works well but I want more flexibility to be able to charge for certain locations that are not close to us and be able to add more than the 4-5 locations we get on the plan. With having a custom shipping rate, I feel there is more flexibility so I'm trying that out now. My biggest issue with it is now being able to mark the order as 'delivered' without a tracking number / system. I have not figured out how to trick it into thinking it was delivered yet.
  2. Banner - agree 100%. The minimal theme has a banner option that works well on desktop but now good on mobile. >90% of our traffic comes from mobile devices so I want to make sure its optimized for that. I'll investigate.
  3. Navigation bar - you're the second person to mention it, will do that asap!
  4. Google shopping - I'll look into that, thank for the tip on the free app.
  5. Shipping Available - So this one has been very tricky for us (took my many days / hours to figure out a way around this). Right now, if you choose a product that is 'shippable' and one that is not and put your address outside of North Carolina, the checkout will tell you that one or more of your products is for 'local pickup only'. It's the best I could come up with unfortunately and I think it works OK but I don't know what impact it has had on our conversion.
0 Likes
baklavanmore
Tourist
8 0 1

@AiTrillion, thank you for the detailed feedback!

1. Homepage layout - Agree 100%, I need to improve this. Not a fan of the homepage as it is today. I don't want it to be overly complex but right now its too simple.
  2. Policies - I will add that, good point!
  3. Reviews - I need to find a good way to do that. Do you have recommendations on an app that would support that?
  4. Product recommendations - I turned that off for some reason, but I will add it back. As far as trending products, what app would you recommend to highlight that?
  5. Rewards - We are manually doing giveaways on social media for those that follow us and when we reach X,000k followers but didn't think it setup something on the site itself. I'll investigate.
  6. Newsletter - I had that on there once and turned it off because we were not thinking about writing any newsletters but I need to reconsider that.
  7. Web push notifications - that's interesting, I'm not sure I know how that works I'll have to investigate that.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3017 174 550

@baklavanmore, welcome. Glad to know that you found the suggestions helpful. You can try the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. It has these features- reviews, newsletters sign up, rewards, product recommendations, web push notifications. You can install it. Also, if you need help with the setup you can email at support@aitrillion.com.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes