Your opinion

Simon33
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

Hello to everybody I am kinda new to shopify and it is my first website I am doing I wanted to ask for your opinion on how to customise my website theme like the text I need to add and things like this.I will really appreciate your help!Thanks in advance!

My store url: rqmarket.com

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1188 104 287

Hi Simon, welcome.

You have some options here:

1) Read the Shopify docs and experiment on your store: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout

When editing themes, always work on a duplicate theme, then when it's ready to your liking you can publish it. This prevents you from screwing up the live site if something goes wrong.

2) If you know what you want done but don't want to invest the time to learn how to do it, there are plenty of Shopify developers that do these kinds of things every day. My team (speedboostr.com/about) does edits like this all the time. You can also browse experts at experts.shopify.com.

Good luck on the store this year ✊

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes

Hi @Simon33 

If you're drop shipping I believe there is just to many products on your website. I'd laser focus on one niche and only 24 products max. The reason for this is simple. At the moment there is way to many product descriptions to update (if you don't do this it's nearly impossible to get sales) be really focused and work from there. 

Here are 5 areas you also really need to improve ASAP 

• Home Page (flow)
  • Product Page (All the information about the product)
  • Site Navigation 
  • Checkout (consistent with website)
  • Mobile Friendly 

Overall I like your logo and you're of to a good start. Shopify is all a learning curve and I'm sure you will work it all out if you put in the work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey RQ Market,

The store has a lot of potential and some improvements can make it look much more better than before. Some of my suggestions are:

1. "Site legitimacy" can be better promoted by the addition of "Trust Badges" near the site footer.
  2. Placement of the search bar on the top right of the header is more desirable than when it is placed on the top left for a well-organized header view.
  3. "Product Description" needs to be a little detailed for better product understanding and site familiarity as well.
  4. An account login/sign-in system is a must for better information security and other ecommerce purposes.
  5. A full-width central banner is a must to avoid the unwanted white space on its both sides.
  6. For better customer interaction, a contact form is a must in the "Contact Us" section.
  7. For better branding purposes, social links are a must. Add Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc to the footer for better customer association.
  8. "Featured and New Arrivals" are a must to be included in the homepage for better site popularity and depicting peculiarity as well.
  9. "Attractive discounts or Free shipping" offers can be easily highlighted by using a unique header template.
  10. Keeping customers updated about the latest discounts or promotional offers can be possible only if you add a newsletter to the site footer.
  11. "About us" section should be added for better customer familiarity.
  12. For building search engine content, Terms and Conditions and FAQ’s if any need to be added to the site footer.
  13. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  14. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here. 
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store scales the heights of success through store improvement.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.