Zero traffic no sales

Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 1

OK maybe 1 or 2 people have visited ever since we opened in March(?)...

I am working for the business owner, and completely new to e-commerce/SEO/CTA/anything etc. No, we have not tried ads yet...because we're losing money by having this store, with no sales; I don't want to bug the store owner for more money. I do understand that sometimes you gotta spend to make some, or that we may not have any sales right away.

We do have a facebook account, to which I have posted a few times trying to direct traffic over. Not sure if that has worked. I did read that some other stores have spent monies on ads but still no sales, but maybe some traffic.

There was a checkout problem brought to my attention recently, which I think I have now rectified. I did not have shipping profiles for some of the products. Unfortunately, that customer did not complete his checkout once it was fixed.

www.prostardentalllc.com A dental equipment repair company and we also sell small parts and big equipment - in business for a little over 2 years.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. I fixed up the site myself so please, critique away!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
772 17 219

Hi @psd_llc !

I like your logo!Very good job!

Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.

If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.

One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.

If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.

That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1493 75 253

Hello @psd_llc, I hope you are doing good! Well, paid ads are the best and most effective way to get traffic to your store in a short time. Other than that you can use organic traffic methods. It takes time to bring organic traffic to your store but you can start working on that. Also, you can try using marketing tools. Here are some suggestions for your store:-

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box

Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

Add FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), this page allows visitors to find answers to all their questions in one place.

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Set up web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Hope this Helps! 

Moreover, I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion.com, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 1

@Growavethanks! I liked it in the beginning but now I want to tweak it a lot more. A bit too late now, business cards were made lol

Thanks for taking the time to offer me your input. I did watch some youtube vids that recommended building relationships with influencers, large and small, but I don't know if there are any influencers promoting dental equipment as their brand? On instagram I found only other businesses such as myself, so basically competitors.

I like the reviews idea! I already have a plan to add our google reviews, but did not think about product reviews.

Our items are listed at actual retail prices. Our competitors are able to go lower than we are able to, which puts us in a bind. I will discuss with the owner on your suggestions.

Thank you very much for your time!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @psd_llc,

You've done a great job so far!

You have a very niche product which means you are going to need to spend some time working on your SEO. You don't want to run ads until you have that sorted, otherwise you will get lots of the wrong kind of traffic that doesn't convert into sales.

I checked out your product SEO. By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO, this is what it ends up looking like:

prostardental-meta.png

The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can reach your intended audience:

I don't know what kind of marketing strategies you have tried with your Facebook page, but if you haven't already - start 'liking'/following dental clinics or send them a message and let them know you are now online so that people outside of your area can get your products. An offline strategy would be to put your store URL on a business card and go around to all of the dental clinics in your area and hand them out with a special discount code.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 1

Thanks @AiTrillion for sharing your input!

We don't have a program setup but we do recommend family and friends to our client offices, and those offices recommend us to other dental offices, by word of mouth. That would be local for repairs and maintenance, and sometimes sales. We do have sell a few of the smaller items, like parts, on ebay. I don't think ebay allows for you to link your address though.

FAQs is a good idea. We started a forum which is linked under Support but we can do a general FAQs on our home or link to another page from the homepage.

I personally find the push notifications a bit annoying, esp when trying to leave a website. Do you know how effective those actually are?

For layout, I once put something above the company spiel and the boss had me change it back hehe. Do you think the image of the chair at the beginning is too large? I was thinking of making it smaller so that everything below it reads better, and not make the page too busy or overwhelming.

Shopify does have a reminder email for abandoned carts. For mailing lists...we just don't have enough for content to send out. Maybe a once a month thing for general dentistry repair information?

These are all really good ideas to help me get started!! Thank you for your time!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 1

@EcomGeeksLiked the video! Very detailed in explaining SEOs, which I was confused about before. And I didn't know Google cuts off the description after 157 characters! I have some alt text added but not to everything. I'll need to go back through the majority of the main products and add more/better descriptors. And I had given up on the sitemap thing when I first started haha so I'll go back and finish that.

I sort of got the gist of how SEOs work...when creating a new product, the product description automatically is inserted into the SEO box. I would just make sure to add the manufacturer's name, product number, "dental" at the very beginning, and left everything else alone. I have also already edited the homepage title meta and descriptions. The description reads:

"Locally Owned and Operated Dental Equipment Sales, Installation, Service & Repair Company Located In North Houston, Texas. SHOP New - Used - Refurbished Dental Equipment."

Should I mention instead manufacturer brands or more specific types of equipment? i.e. scalers, handpieces, sterilizers, vacuum pumps, etc etc

For promoting locally the owner has given out flyers by hand to the closer offices in the past, to be able to meet and greet, that sort of thing. I was thinking of doing another one of those and send them out...like the cardstock ones you get in the mail from Bed Bath & Beyond or something like that, but with more text promoting our services/products.

You've provided all very helpful information. Thank you for taking the time to do so!

0 Likes