add to carts but no sales

Jacqueline_Walk
10 0 0

Good morning, 

I am struggling to get sales to my webstore.  I know I have lots of interest as in the past month 28 people have added products to cart.  This is what I am doing so far.

1. Google ads to bring new traffic

2. Am starting to post regularly on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest

3. Facebook retargeting campaign targeting visitors the past 30 days.  I have an offer of 20% off with about 10 different ad types but same message.  I have considered doing $100 off for 100+ cards,  would this be a better offer?

4. Starting doing push notifications to send sales to people instead of through email.

What am I missing.  How do I get people to go from the cart page to checkout?

Thanks, Jacqueline

www.timelessweddinginvitations.ca

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 50 141

Hi, @Jacqueline_Walk.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. I'm happy to provide you with some feedback on your store! I have a few questions for you that I would like to ask to get to know more about what you've tried here and your marketing goals.

Can you tell me more about what kind of messaging you are posting over your social media channels, and who your ideal target audience is? Are you using an app to send push notifications to your customers? If you are, what app are you using? 

Once I have more information from you, I can suggest some resources and next steps for your store. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jacqueline_Walk
10 0 0

My target market is engaged people within Canada.  I have a showcase ad on Google ads that send about 30 people per day to my site. 

On Facebook I am targeting my website visitors the past 30 days in Canada.  The ones that are showing right now I have adjusted a few days ago.  Click the link for the ads:

https://www.facebook.com/ads/library/?active_status=all&ad_type=all&country=CA&impression_search_fie...

I am using Push Monkey app for my push notifications.  So far I have sent a discount code of 10% as a thank you for signing up to the notifications.

Thanks, Jacqueline

0 Likes

Hi

A to Z Trending
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2463 142 445

Hey Jacqueline,

@Jacqueline_Walk I liked the collection of invitations. It's very pretty. If you are having lot of add to cart but no sales then there are two ways to bring them back. One is notifying by sending abandoned cart push notifications and abandoned cart email and when they come on your store you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart. You are doing it right by sending push notification but this is the strategy you can try by rewarding with loyalty points. This can work and will recover the abandoned cart. 

Here are some other suggestions:-

1. Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

2. You can add a countdown timer to create urgency and it will increase the curiosity amongst customers. It helps in increasing sales. 

3. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Timeless Wedding Invitations,

A unique header template needs to be created to highlight discounts apart from Free shipping offers. Different product categories called "Collections" need to be included in the main menu as well apart from the homepage. Other keen observations regarding your site are as follows:

1. The central banner should be full width to avoid the unequal space on both of its sides.
  2. All Footer links need to be arranged vertically for better placement and orientation.
  3. Footer links need to be shifted to the left, newsletter to the right and the social links should be placed below the newsletter and footer links respectively.
  4. Newsletter needs to be added to the footer for the latest updates on discounts, promotions etc.
  5. Favicon is missing, which is quite crucial for site identification.
  6. Proper discounts need to be offered for better customer engagement.
  7. "Contact Us" should be included in the main menu as well.
  8. Footer links need to be shifted to the left, newsletter to the right and the social links should be placed below the newsletter and footer links respectively.
  9. Reviews need to be added below each product to improve customer choice.
  10. Testimonials and Instagram images need to be added for better brand promotion.
  11. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  12.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store improvement drives you a lot more sales.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 50 141

Thank you for getting back to me, @Jacqueline_Walk and thank you @atoztrending@AiTrillion and @neha-sparq for jumping in with helpful suggestions!

It sounds like you have a great amount of people coming to your store. If you haven't yet already, I recommend taking a look at your Shopify Analytics to see how effective your ads are as you can see which sources your traffic is coming from when they visit your store. To check your Shopify Analytics, you can follow these steps:

- Login to your Shopify Admin

- On the left side of your admin, click on Analytics 

- You will see your Overview dashboard which lists sales, orders and any online store data 

You can scroll down to the bottom and look for the "Online Store sessions from traffic source" and "Online Store sessions from social media" which will show you how customers accessed your store, and you can find out which social media platforms they came from, such as Facebook. I recommend taking a look at this so that you can see where you can focus more of your marketing efforts towards. You can learn more about the Overview Dashboard, here

Have you had a chance to take a look at your abandoned checkouts? This is a great opportunity to send emails to customers who have abandoned their checkout and you can use these emails to ask for feedback from your customers. They also serve as a reminder to customers to come back to your store, with a personalized checkout link included in the email. You can learn more about reviewing your abandoned checkouts, how to manually and automatically add a link to the customer's checkout and view payment events in our help doc, here: Abandoned Checkouts.

Since you're providing discounts to your customers, you can add this into the abandoned checkout email automatically by following our steps here: Automatically add a discount code to abandoned checkout emails. You can add a percentage or monetary discount code. 

Another recommendation I have is to use an app that detects where your customers are clicking on your store. This will help you determine where your customers attention is focused on, which can help you figure out what you need to focus more on to encourage customers to proceed with the checkout process. 

Here are some suggestions from our App Store:

Better Replay 

Lucky Orange

Hindsight

You can find more options of apps that help you understand customer behaviour, here: Reporting Apps. If you have any questions about these apps, you can contact the third-party developer directly by using the information listed under the "Support" section of the app's page. 

One more suggestion I would like to add is to check out our blog post on improving your conversion funnels, here:  How to Find and Plug the Leaks in Your Conversion Funnels. This post includes heat maps (such as the apps I mentioned above), using technical analysis, analytic deep dives, and using surveys to conduct research to gather feedback from your customers to increase your conversions. 

Let me know if that helps! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes