can't see live store

Highlighted
6 0 0

I transferred a domain name I own and now can't get to see a live version of my website. How long will it be before I can see my site as I do't have many days left on my trial and can't add stock as I can not check my site

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 0 19

Hey there,

Bo here from Shopify Support!

When transferring a domain or setting up a new one you just bought it can take up to 24 hours to populate. I just took a look at your site and found that it is now up and running so that is great!

How are you liking the trial so far? I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars for sure. These short tutorials take you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here. if you would like. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance right here

I love how well your site is shaping up! From what I can see it looks like you are going to be selling children's clothes. I just wanted to share this guide on how to successfully set up a kids' clothes store.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help

All the Best,
Bo

0 Likes
6 0 0

It's still showing as store coming soon. I cant work on the site and am wasting days of my trial

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 0 19

Apologies for the misunderstanding. I understand what you mean now. While a store is on trial it remains password protected until a plan is chosen. Not to worry, you will be able to access your storefront with your password.

• Click on Online Store. 
  • Select "Preferences".
  • Scroll to the bottom of this page to find your password. Feel free to change this to a password of your liking. 

You can also quickly view the storefront from the theme customizer by clicking on Online Store and then on Customize. Alternatively you can click on the icon beside Online Store that looks like an eye.

All the Best, 

Bo

0 Likes
6 0 0

Milliemoos.net is still showing as coming soon. How long do I have to wait as I can't sell so am losing money

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 0 19

Hey there,

As mentioned in my previous comment, the password page or "Coming Soon" page remains on a store until a plan is chosen. Once you choose a plan you will be able to disable this Coming Soon page. If you choose a plan you will not be charged until the end of the 14-day free trial and if you cancel your subscription prior to the end of the 14-day free trial you will not be charged. 

Just to clarify, you can still work on your store, add products and inventory, customize your storefront etc. The checkout, however, is not activated until a plan is chosen and the password/coming soon page will remain enabled until a plan is chosen. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
6 0 0

Thanks so much. I am trying to insert links to categories but even after looking at youtube videos can't do it. What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 0 19

Hey there! 

Sorry for the delayed response. It sounds like you may have a lot of questions about the set up which is totally normal. As I do not have access to your store's admin I am not sure as to what is going wrong. For more immediate support I would recommend reaching out to our 24/7 support team here so that you can get these answers while you are working on your store. On our live channels, our Gurus will be able to access your store and help guide you through the different processes as you go through them.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes