can you give me feedback on my shopify ecommerce site: www.ielder.asia?

Highlighted
2 0 1

i wish to get your feedback on my ecommerce and how to boost sales. really no customers and may need to close shop if continue in this situation. 

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
288 13 41

Hey, there!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! It sounds like you're looking for some advice to help you attract traffic to your website which would result in some sales. I'm happy to offer you some tips and resources to help you get where you're looking to be with your storefront. 

To drive traffic to your website and begin a customer base, you're first going to want to look into investing some time with improving your website's SEO. SEO is search engine optimization and it would help customers to find your website and products when browsing or searching the web. There are a few aspects of SEO that you're going to want to focus on.

Our Shopify SEO Guide, here, has a helpful point by point list of what you're going to be looking for when preparing your website to be optimized for the internet:

• Find keywords that are relevant to your products and your brand. What search terms can customers use to find your store?
  • Add the keywords into your content, including page titles, descriptions, and image alt text.
  • Make sure that your URLs and filenames match the content.
  • Add your sitemap.xml to Google Search Console, so that your online store website can be easily crawled and indexed.
  • Create content that's relevant to your products and encourage other websites to link back to your online store.

I would suggest reading through one of our blog posts; What Can I Do to Help My Store Rank in Search Engines?, as it goes into detail about aspects of your storefront that you're going to want to look into in order to boost your website SEO. 

If you're finding that you're needing a little nudge to help you when optimizing your website, there are many apps in the Shopify App Store that can help you spot issues with your website's SEO and help to fix the issue. Specifically apps like, SEO Doctor and Plug in SEO are great apps to start out with when adjusting your storefront. Now, when you're looking into SEO for your website, you're also going to want to adjust your SEO to optimize your website's images. SEO Image Optimizer ‑ SEO is an excellent app that can help you with this task.

Along with SEO, you're going to want to look into different marketing techniques to help you advertise your website - which will help with traffic and conversion. There are a few different ways to market your storefront. I'm going to let you know about Content Marketing and Social Media Marketing for your storefront. 

Content Marketing is a technique that would entail the merchant to share different aspects of their business online to spark interest in their products or services from customers. Content Marketing works by the merchant sharing different videos, blog posts, articles and images to promote their own products. A better look into how to use content marketing and how to get started would be to walk through our Beginner's Guide to Content Marketing, here. 

You will want to look into doing some Social Media Marketing as well. Social media marketing is marketing your storefront by grabbing attention through different social media platforms and profiles. Since social media now plays such a prime spot in advertising and conversion, I wanted to share with you a few different resources that will help you along the way. Be sure to check out; 10+ Social Media Tools for Building Smarter Marketing Campaigns, 17 Social Media Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Online Sales and How to Create a Social Media Marketing Strategy: A Beginner's Guide.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and I would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi @ielder-my,

This is Brian from Magnet Audit.

I took a quick look at your site and identified a couple of areas you might want to focus on in your next round of updates:

1. You only have a few second to make an impression. I would highly suggest putting the 'About Us' material on your home page. It explains who you are, and even maybe start with the part about your company, not the website stuff at the top of the about us page. It's the most compelling part.  

2. Don't list other marketplaces where your products can be found (Amazon, ebay) as these acts as holes in your conversion funnel and people will escape to find you there, only to find some other seller's products. Once you have them on your website, don't let them go anywhere else but directly to the product that is the reason they came to you in the first place.

Those are both based on the desktop view, I didn't look at mobile, which is perhaps more important at this stage in the game...a full audit would turn up additional areas to focus on, if you get through with the above and would like to try a full audit, you can message me directly or visit our website to learn more.

All the Best,

Brian

P.S.
Find this helpful? Hit Solved!

Magnet Audit - Ecommerce Website Auditors
0 Likes