Hello everyone in shopify land.
With no experience I have set up my online store, I would love any suggestions for things that should be updated or changed.
Currently I am trying to have a welcome pop up offering a discount when signing up to newsletter, but they all seem to want to send a code rather then add it to the cart, any suggestions?
I would love any ideas or suggestions, and simple ways of setting it up, remembering I am new on computer programing.
my store is www.artemoda.com.au
Hi @ArteModa !
I recommend changing the theme store - now your theme does not look professional. https://themeforest.net/item/avone-multipurpose-shopify-theme/24276567?irgwc=1&clickid=X7D1fxx6-xyLU... try this theme. Avone is a new kind of Theme. In a few words, it is the most powerful, easy to use Shopify theme with unlimited possibilities. It is a fully Responsive Premium Shopify Theme with a great design and extensive functionality.
Add a favicon
Add clear CTAs. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic. One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
Hi @ArteModa welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
2. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
3. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!
Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.
I hope this helps!
Hello @ArteModa, I hope you are doing well. Here are some suggestions:
- Add a banner image with a call to action button on it in the first fold of the homepage.
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value, chatbot, email marketing, web push notification, reviews, and many other. It will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
Hello @ArteModa, I hope you are doing well!
Your store looks ok, you can improve your store by choosing a better and more engaging theme for your website and also if you want to improve your current design you can start off with working on the homepage which looks awfully static, add favicon, make the products clickable that are on the homepage, and lastly create a drop-down menu for different product categories in the navigation bar instead of all categories on nav bar. People tend to on an organized place rather than an unorganized one.
When I was exploring your store I didn't find any proper description for any product, and also no review section, customers usually find reviews and product descriptions helpful before purchasing any product and also it's an essential part for building the trust of the customers.
In addition, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have no meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.
Moreover, you can fix your product title for better reach, a title must have the essential information about the product take Amazon’s titles for example.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps.
Have a nice day
Have seen your store, and the design is quite bad.
You can see this blog to learn the design of some famous stores: Top 10 successful Shopify stores 2020
More than that, we have many apps that can help you make your store better. Firstly, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery, it will help you create an amazing gallery.
Hope this helps!