Have had my shopify store for some months now and nobody views it. I am sure that it is not set up correctly. struggling with it. I really do like throwing the towel in as I find it so difficult to use and not user friendly at all. if there was somebody out there that could advise I would be grateful. www.personalise365.com
Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I have a few questions that I'd like to ask, to get to grips with what might be working and not working on your store.
In terms of your site, it is a little too basic. I feel there is a lot of work to be done with the branding aspect of the business. We have some amazing resources on branding your business here.
I also recommend checking out our introductory course on eCommerce, if this is your first store, which will give you a lot of tips on how to make a store ready to take to market.
Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)
Sorry to hear about a slow start - are you promoting your store actively? If you don't actively send traffic to your website [there's no backlinks] Google won't send organic traffic to it. Additionally, the search engines practice so called "sand pit" for all new websites - they don't rank them for the first few months until the sites are established and trusted. It means you may even not show in the search results for the first few months from launching. So don't despair, it all takes time with organic growth.
When it comes to the website optimization, I'd have also few suggestions.
Featured hero image - consider optimize it further for the conversion. At the moment it shows unrelated to your niche nature photo:
It would be much better from sales perspective to show one of your products here, and optimize the tagline as well. Instead of your brand name, you can include a short summary of what you're offering, i.e. "Shop Personalized Products" etc. Remember also to add a CTA [call to action] button to the image, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product. This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].
You mentioned you've been operating a few months, yet you still have a content on the homepage that's unfinished:
Make sure to keep an eye on details like that, as they can give impression your website is not maintained, which for visitors means it's no longer operating. That can definitely affect sales.
Here are a few guides that might help:
If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!
Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique
Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard
It's important to give your visitors an awesome feeling when on your website. Having images of peoples faces smiling using your products can really help to give that feeling.
Shopify is all a learning curve and I'm sure if you keep putting in the work you will get there. I use to be in your shoes also and worked it all out. I'm sure you will also.
P.S some great suggestions above also.
Here is the feedback about your store that what improvements can be done:-
1. Add the image in the section 'talk about your brand' and content. Add a footer menu. It should include policies, a newsletter subscription box.
2. Add a separate about us page. Add a header menu. Make your store easy to navigate.
3. Change the font color and font style.
4. Add a call to action button in the first fold of the homepage.
5. You need to engage visitors on your store. It is lacking engagement. You should add web push notification to retarget your visitors even when they are not on your store. Display testimonials on the homepage. Add a loyalty reward program to entice your visitors and increase conversions. Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Add reviews to build trust with other visitors. Reviews also enhance SEO and ranking.
To implement these tools on your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hi @personalHH36 ,
I've taken a look at your store. It seems to be an incomplete designed store. You've to do some more adjustments to make your store more professional.
1. Add store logo in the header section to showcase your brand
2. Your store's header menu is not looking professional. Instead of adding the "Collection" menu, add all product main categories in the menu so that customers can see at a glance.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
5. Add content to the blank "CUSTOM CONTENT" section in home page
7. Add content to "Personalise your message" in the header.
I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 2 results indexed by Google. But your website has 49+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!