feedback on my store before I give up

personalHH36
1 0 0

Have had my shopify store for some months now and nobody views it.  I am sure that it is not set up correctly.  struggling with it.  I really do like throwing the towel in as I find it so difficult to use and not user friendly at all.  if there was somebody out there that could advise I would be grateful.  www.personalise365.com

Thank you.

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I have a few questions that I'd like to ask, to get to grips with what might be working and not working on your store. 

• What marketing strategy have you employed during the months? 
  • Is this the only theme that you have used during this time? 
  • I can see that you are only shipping to the United Kingdom, is this an intentional choice? Why have you limited your market?
  • Why have you not designed a logo for your store? Were you aware of Hatchful, our free logo maker? 
  • There is no information on your business, no About Us page, no FAQ, no policy pages (return, shipping, etc). These are vital for customers. 

In terms of your site, it is a little too basic. I feel there is a lot of work to be done with the branding aspect of the business. We have some amazing resources on branding your business here.  

I also recommend checking out our introductory course on eCommerce, if this is your first store, which will give you a lot of tips on how to make a store ready to take to market. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Sorry to hear about a slow start - are you promoting your store actively? If you don't actively send traffic to your website [there's no backlinks] Google won't send organic traffic to it. Additionally, the search engines practice so called "sand pit" for all new websites - they don't rank them for the first few months until the sites are established and trusted. It means you may even not show in the search results for the first few months from launching. So don't despair, it all takes time with organic growth.

When it comes to the website optimization, I'd have also few suggestions.

Featured hero image - consider optimize it further for the conversion. At the moment it shows unrelated to your niche nature photo:

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 17.59.03.png

It would be much better from sales perspective to show one of your products here, and optimize the tagline as well. Instead of your brand name, you can include a short summary of what you're offering, i.e. "Shop Personalized Products" etc. Remember also to add a CTA [call to action] button to the image, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product. This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].

You mentioned you've been operating a few months, yet you still have a content on the homepage that's unfinished:

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 18.05.51.png

Make sure to keep an eye on details like that, as they can give impression your website is not maintained, which for visitors means it's no longer operating. That can definitely affect sales.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes

Hi @personalHH36 

It's important to give your visitors an awesome feeling when on your website. Having images of peoples faces smiling using your products can really help to give that feeling. 

Shopify is all a learning curve and I'm sure if you keep putting in the work you will get there. I use to be in your shoes also and worked it all out. I'm sure you will also. 

I Was Lost .png

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

P.S some great suggestions above also. 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2479 142 446

Hello @personalHH36,

Here is the feedback about your store that what improvements can be done:-

1. Add the image in the section 'talk about your brand' and content. Add a footer menu. It should include policies, a newsletter subscription box.

2. Add a separate about us page. Add a header menu. Make your store easy to navigate.

3.  Change the font color and font style. 

4. Add a call to action button in the first fold of the homepage.

5. You need to engage visitors on your store. It is lacking engagement. You should add web push notification to retarget your visitors even when they are not on your store. Display testimonials on the homepage. Add a loyalty reward program to entice your visitors and increase conversions. Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Add reviews to build trust with other visitors. Reviews also enhance SEO and ranking. 

To implement these tools on your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hi @personalHH36 ,

I've taken a look at your store. It seems to be an incomplete designed store. You've to do some more adjustments to make your store more professional. 

1. Add store logo in the header section to showcase your brand
2. Your store's header menu is not looking professional. Instead of adding the  "Collection" menu, add all product main categories in the menu so that customers can see at a glance.

3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

4. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.

5. Add content to the blank "CUSTOM CONTENT" section in home page

6. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add pages like Contact Us, About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc to the footer.

7. Add content to "Personalise your message" in the header.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 2 results indexed by Google. But your website has 49+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes