feedback on my store please

RugLove
Excursionist
48 0 28
Hello guys been building website for last 3 weeks for my new start up rug business. www.ruglove.co.uk

Any Chance you nice folks could give me some feedback good or bad so I can improve . Thanks
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hey there, @RugLove!

I have to say, I love the look of your store. It’s well put together, and I can tell that you’ve been putting a lot of hard work into it. Great job! 

Let’s start at the homepage
Right off the bat, I see there needs to be a currency conversion option. Automatic currency localization is ideal, but at the very least there need to be options in your drop-down. Right now it’s only showing the GBP!

Moving down, I would look at your menu bar sizing. There’s a little extra padding near the bottom that makes it look off center.

Because you have so much happening near the top of the page - the banners, the header, the menu bar, etc., it pushes the image down quite a bit. As a result, the hero image doesn’t really do much above the fold:

RugLove-1.png

Let’s talk about the hero image for a second. I see the CTA, but it doesn’t really stand out nor does it look like a CTA. When I first glanced at your hero image, I thought you didn’t have a CTA at all! I would make it stand out a little more and change up the wording to drive people to click on it.

As I’ve scrolled down the page, there are a lot of questions I have. Do you use heatmaps, to see where people click and scroll? This would be a great time to use it. I would be curious how far down the page people scroll and how they navigate from your homepage to product collections.

Using a heatmap, I would pay closer attention to the Style Feed element and below. It feels a little disjointed. There’s an extra line break between your #trending and #RugLove (which is empty). I would also look at whether or not people care about brands. It may be brands you love, but if customers don’t care, I wouldn’t feature it on the homepage.

One last thing about the homepage: Your image of interior influencers still has the Canva watermark on it and is reversed. 

Navigation
There is definitely some work that needs to be done with your drop-downs from the menu bar. If you used session recordings, you would be able to actually see what I’m seeing right now (or what any customer experiences during their visit). Here’s what I see:

RugLove-1.5.png

I’m on desktop and using Chrome, in case it’s related to my device and browser. However, I’m guessing it’s a universal problem.

Your menu bar makes it so easy to find a rug, but it’s impossible to use it!

Once I click on your All Products collection, I love the options for filtering and view. It’s easy to find rugs that I would be interested in, and that’s huge for customers.

For your product pages, the first thing someone sees is a bland list of vendor-provided information. That should go to the very bottom - you can check with recordings and heatmaps. However, I’m fairly confident that it’s not enticing enough for visitors to want a rug.

I see a huge issue that stands out - you have a December sale going on! I mean, I don’t mind a discount, but it’s almost May. I would definitely update that. It also shows when the limited-time offer ends in 241 days. That’s great for customers, but it’s not really a limit-time offer nor does it look good on your site. 

RugLove-2.png

I love the rug size guide, but don’t forget to include dimensions in the size drop-down too. Since you may have an international audience, I would also offer different measurements so all of your customers can find their perfect size.

Focus on customer reviews! When I look at your tabs for description, customer reviews and shipping/return, all I see are “Have Questions? Ask an expert” if there’s no information. So customer reviews push for expert answers. 

It’s hard to get reviews - I know - but there are also things you can do to encourage them. For example, invite customers to leave reviews in their purchase confirmation email and any follow-up emails you may send. 

Rugs 101
I love that you have this page. That being said, it’s hard to read. The way it’s spaced out, it doesn’t flow well. I would go in and clean it up a bit. The font feels too small for reading as well. If you had session recordings, I would be curious how people are reading it.

Connecting with customers
I see you have a live chat, which is great. FYI - there may be a formatting issue here. On most pages, it’s a tab on the right. On your Rugs 101 page, it’s an icon in the corner. Consistency is key. Also, use session recordings to see what happens to the right rab for live chat for customers from IE 11. We’ve been seeing some customers with similar side tabs have problems with IE traffic.

I would suggest using live chat to really engage visitors. Right now, it’s not actively engaging people on your site. There are other chat systems that let you set up auto invites to automatically ask a customer to chat if they meet certain criteria. For example, you could set it to ask a customer to chat if they spend more than 30 seconds on a page or ask them to chat if they didn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to their cart. 

I know it sounds like a lot, but you’re really on the right track. A little visitor behavior will take you a long way. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at $10/month.

Good luck! I hope this helps.

Cheers - 

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Dear RugLove,

Congratulation for your store.

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Page loading Speed--

Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 8-15 . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile. This is one of the most important steps for improving conversions and sales. This year, during the Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM), Shopify stores in 175 + countries around the world created a new record with $2.9+ billion overall sales. Among these, 69% of sales have been made on phones or tablets, while only 31% happened over the desktop.

ruglovespeed.png

Header -- Have a smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.  Example of Good Header

Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. 

Home Page -

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Example of Nice Home page

Collection Page -

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. 

Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc. Example of Good Collection Page

Product Page -

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page

Cart Page -

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. 

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

1. Payment icon like - PayPal, the credit card are not visible properly.

ruglovepayment.png

2. Need to change the color of mouse-hover effect in menu, when i put my mouse then it is not visible

https://www.loom.com/share/20c404e9e7574050bec2df7ec2db15f5

3. There needs to be a strong colour coordination among all the colours used on your store. Try to use the same or similar colours used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.

4. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.

5. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font and colour coordination.

6. Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust

7. Trust badges should be on the home page like 100% Authentic products, Easy return, etc

8. You need to write small writeup about you and your business, i mean personal touch so that you can connect your audience

9. Company / Business Logo Need to improve

10. All Banner design need to Improve

11. Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo

If you need help please contact us at https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution

Hi @RugLove,

I'm Victor and happy to share some of my thoughts:

1. Home page

The hero section height is quite big, you should reduce it so visitors can see other content before the fold, also adding Heading and subheading to tell what you're selling and your story. Add a Call To Action such as SHOP NOW button.

fb34.png

Spacing for the slideshow section should be widen:

fb333.png

Unwanted section should be remove asap

fb55.png

2. Product Page

You did a good job using FOMO effect to increase urgency.

Product Images: You should use 3-5 product images in from multiple angles, inscale images for visitors easily measure product size. The two button has different mission so you should differentiate the color to not confuse the function

55.png

- The payment method image here is quite distraction, reduce the image size would be great:

9.png

- For Product Price, it should have a different color with product title, use Compared prices and Stock Available can also give your visitors some triggers to make a buying decision.

- Use Swatches as the Selector for Color Variations

- Also customize your product page with more content such as Video, Images, Testimonial, etc. If your theme doesn't have that, you can consider using page builder if you're not comfortable with coding.

You can read more about how to increase your store conversion rate here.

If you find my answer helpful (I hope it will), please give it a like.

Cheers

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @RugLove ,

I've taken a look at your store. Your store is already looking awesome and very professional. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add detailed product description in product pages.

2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

4. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.

5. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products. 

6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

7. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.

8. Add more specific product title in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title unique and more specific.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 354 results indexed by Google. But your website has 885+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google).

Everyone knows search is the most effective way to acquire customers and drive traffic. Natural search draws way more traffic than Social media.

To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. Not any more. Doing SEO once is virtually useless. To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
RugLove
Excursionist
48 0 28

hi Guys - wow thank you so much for the detailed feedback, i really appreciate it. i went live Monday and have made 1 sale so far. 

sorry for the late reply i only just seen the replies.

i have changed some of the recommendations and I am still working through others.

what a great community, thanks again 

0 Likes
RugLove
Excursionist
48 0 28

hi guys as shopify partners do you know if the following is possible to be custom made/coded for me or the best way to go about it

i want to link my store to my 2 main suppliers of rugs, so it keeps my stock levels auto correct and auto sends orders to them ( i do not old any inventory)

is there a way of doing this and what would i need my supplier to do to set it up?

also i am looking for a virtual in room type thing so customers can view a rug in their space/home - any apps or can this be custom built?

Thanks

0 Likes