feedback on my store

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 1

Hello Shopify community, 

I have just developed a one product store and would appreciate your feedback and guidance to further improve and fix any mistakes I have made. My next step is running Facebook Ads, but before diving in, I just need your opinions to know if I have done enough to move forward.

The link to my store: https://techgeekstore.com/ 

Thanks! 

Toor

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Expert
1056 50 313

Hi Toor! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

I love one -product stores - they're easier to convert. Your hair curler looks interesting - and it seems easy to use.

You have a very helpful video on how to use it, which is excellent. The video opens in the same tab, taking people to YouTube. The risk with this set up is that once people go to YouTube, they will then start watching other hairstyling videos, as your website is now closed in their browser. They might forget they were shopping in the first place!

A much better way of displaying YouTube video is either embedding it within the page itself or opening the link in the new tab. This way people will stay on your website or have it open in their browser, which will prompt them to continue shopping with you.

Here's how to do it. If you'd like to leave the video link as it is and simply open it in a new tab, follow this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser

If you'd like to embed the video itself on your homepage, so people keep watching it without going to YouTube, simply embed the code from your video and insert into the code section on the homepage:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 07.59.39.png

You can change the width and height elements to suit your homepage display.

The 2nd option is much better for your SEO - and specifically dwell time. The longer people stay on your website, the more it counts towards your SEO score. Google reads it as people find your content useful and will promote your store in the relevant search results. However if people leave your website soon, it's a sign to Google the content is not relevant to the search query and will drop you in the search results. That's why keeping visitors on your website for longer is so important - and embedding videos is perfect for that!

Hope it helps and if you'd need help with implementing any of the above changes, please email me at maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy 

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1456 90 312

Hey Techgeekstore,

Footer needs some modification. The newsletter should be placed on the right, while the terms and conditions to the left. Other tips for improvement are as follows:

1. More social links need to included apart from Facebook and Instagram for connecting better with customers.
  2. Reviews need to be added below each product for a better customer choice.
  3. Instagram images and testimonials should be added for better brand promotion.
  4. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  5. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope your store performs well in the coming days.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Hi there,
I've spent a few minutes looking through your page & I believe that we can improve it to the next level. Here's some advices for trying:

For Homepage:

image.png

1. I've tested the homepage on Google Page Speed, the score on mobile seems pretty low. Please spend time to optimize the page based on suggestions from Google (You can re-check the score here:https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/). One slow website might have the coolest content but people usually don't wait that long for it to open. Therefore, we should work on the speed first!
  2. The banner image is pretty nice since you have included both your product & human face to express emotion. But it's a bit blurred, a homepage should use best quality images to attract visitors at their first sight. Try to make the product image quality as good as possible but be careful not to lose the page speed score.

For Product Page:

1. The product quantity is too small to increase/decrease the number of products. Please make it larger so customers can easily buy the product.
  2. Product description should be separated by blank space between each paragraph to make it easier to absorb product information (Using bullet point could help in this case).
  3. In aesthetic aspect, I think you can spend more time on editing the layout of the product page to make it aligned between objects on the page. (For example: Add To Cart button should be left-aligned with the description content below).

I think that's good for now, please feel free to ask me any questions :D

- Tips to optimize website load speed: http://academy.pagefly.io/load-speed-optimization
- Are you building Shopify stores? Check out PageFly - An Advanced Page Builder trusted by non-techies and pro web designers.
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
7 1 1
Thank you so much for you great feedback, I will look into each step and try to improve it as much as I can.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 1
Thank you for your feedback, Neha can you please tell me how to add reviews below each product. I know product review has this option in their payed plan, looking for a free plan right now. Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 1
Thank you for your great feedback, I will definitely change the video link.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1456 90 312

My Pleasure! Happy to help you. Coming to your question, If you are looking for a free plan right now, you can use Judge me app which helps to collect and display reviews about your products and Shopify store. This increases your conversion rate, organic traffic, and buyer engagement by leveraging your user-generated content.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 1

Thank you for your reply, I will definitely try judge.me app. For your previous advice I edited the code and changed the video link. I also have managed to improve some of the issues with my pages. Love the shopify community and it's team of Experts :)

Appreciate your help Neha, you have a great day!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1456 90 312

Same to you! Happy to help you again.

0 Likes