Solved
Highlighted
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 48 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @kdcharms 

First off, congratulations on making the move to Shopify! I would be happy to give you some feedback on your store. The first thing that sticks out to me as an important factor to consider is your store design. I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out! Specifically, I would consider removing the pink from your background and replacing it with neutral tone color. While a colored background may seem like a good idea at first, it typically doesn't translate well in eCommerce when selling products. A neutral background color (white, light grey, light beige, etc.) will allow your products to stand out instead of getting drowned out by the background.

Secondly, I notice that you've listed your products on your homepage but they are not clickable:

20-07-vyzfz-2spcq

This is because you used what's called the 'Text columns with images' section. Instead, you will want to add a 'Featured Collection' and/or 'Collection List' sections to your homepage to correctly display your products. This will allow customers to click on the product and get directed to the product page to add it to their cart. Right now, that's not possible with your current 'Text columns with images' section.

But before you make the switch over, you will want to create collections in your Shopfiy store to organize your products. Think of collections as organizational folders. You use collections to organize your. different products. For example, a good idea would be to make a collection called Charm Bracelets, and another one called Bangles, etc. From there, you can add the appropriate products to each collection. Once you do that, you can add these sections to your homepage so it's organized to your needs! We have a step-by-step guide (also a video guide) on creating and managing collections, here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey @kdcharms 

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:

1. As soon as I land, the first fold doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. There are images, but I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the content in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you
  2. There are too many products on your home page. If you overwhelm the user with too much alien info/ too many choices, they will most likely drop out. Show a few featured products on the homepage, maybe your bestsellers and your new arrivals. Show everything else on the products page.
  3. Product images. On most of your products, you only have only 1 image.  I’d suggest adding more images. This is the only interaction users will have it, they can’t touch it and see, so be sure to add as many details as possible. A bad product listing is the #1 users don’t convert.
  4. There are a few inconsistencies in your product images. They are of different shapes, and have different backgrounds. Making them all consistent will make your store look more professional.
  5. Add an about us page. Again, this adds a human touch to your store experience. And if you make it a story that people can relate to, it forms an emotional connection between your brand and the customers. Tell people about who the team is (or who you are), add photos and make it friendly.
  6. Add some information about shipping. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users. 
  7. Also, I’d suggest ad the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO)
  8. Lastly, testimonials and reviews are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes