feedback request: uncommonry - discover great shopify food stores

andrew_ecomloop
Shopify Partner
39 1 10

Hey Shopify experts & fans - 

I developed a site that aims to help consumers discover, support & shop great Shopify stores. It currently features nearly 250 food vendors and it'd be great to get some feedback. 

If you have a moment, would you take a look at the site, then answer a few questions via the feedback form? 

ecomloop
We help uncommon businesses succeed in the digital economy
Have an interesting project? Send a message or visit ecomloop.com
0 Likes
Zabu
Shopify Partner
67 2 13

Hey @andrew_ecomloop 

I've gone through your store , i really like the idea about having all these stores in one place , saves the hassle  of finding all these stores manually and saves a lot of time , i do have some feedback  to improve the visual look of the website. I've been a graphic designer for the last 5 years , i think these would help you get attention to your store and increase click thru's. 

1. i feel the pictures of the stores posted , might be a little noisy as it's driving my attention away from the store names , can add the store name under the image , so its its more clear. 
2. can have some click bait images , showing some offers of certain stores. it will help create urgency. 

take care 
stay safe 
and feel free to ping me for free graphic design help. 

Zabu 

ModeMagic
PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker... 

Increasing Sales one Sticker at a time
https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic
0 Likes
andrew_ecomloop
Shopify Partner
39 1 10

@Zabu Appreciate the feedback - and tips on the graphic design. That's not my specialty and it's always great to hear from a professional designer!

What types of offers would you want to see?

All the shops on the site are food-based right now. What do you think about keeping that as a focus vs featuring sites from a number of categories? 

ecomloop
0 Likes
Zabu
Shopify Partner
67 2 13

Hey @andrew_ecomloop 

I like the idea of having diversity and not just one category , but you need to chnage the ui a bit and show it in a structure way , as in the page should be divided well between the categories , so that  dont seem jumbled up for the customer visiting your site. offer as i meant is that , in the list of food places that you have , if they have an y offers going on at the time , it can be displayed on the card , so that it could be a good way to attract customers onto that particular food site. these are ways to direct traffic , and also it would make your site to be a one stop check for all food places with their offers 

take care

zabu

Increasing Sales one Sticker at a time
https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic
0 Likes
andrew_ecomloop
Shopify Partner
39 1 10

great suggestions! i'll work on adding some new categories & make those easy to see/browse as well. 

ecomloop
0 Likes
jamie_sands
1 0 0

Hello Andrew,

When would you add more stores and what's the process for deciding/vetting etc which stores to add? I see the site says we can recommend some?

What's the process to do that?

The site is pretty helpful in allowing for quick searches, however, I feel like it needs a little more information on the landing page on how to properly use it.  Also, I saw it's mostly food stores at this time, so maybe creating a category section in the future, if stores for other products will be added, would be a nice addition.

0 Likes