feedback

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 1

Hi guys

Can u give me feedback on my store? I put a lot of work in it, I'm getting traffic ( 120 visitors) a day but no sales. 

There is something wrong with my store but I can't figure out what. Feel free to give some skeptical feedback 

Thank you :) 

hocl.company

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
11 1 3

Nice design! The newsletter popping up 2 seconds into browsing is a little intrusive.

Also, the reviews at the bottom of your home page mention the shipping taking 2 months so that might be a major throw off for people that read that.

I would recommend moving the "about" section down on your homepage. Most people are just looking for products, not a background story when they open your site. 

Some of your product images are pretty low res but I guess there's not much you can do about that.

With a little time and effort you can make it work! Good job so far

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
720 47 104

Hi, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. I took a look over your site and I am more than happy to give thoughts on what you have so far.

I like how you have clearly stated what your store is about and what you are wanting to do. The little section of the About Us on the homepage is good too.

The first thing that I noticed could be improved, however, was that the logo is really small. With it just being a small bit of text it doesn't really catch the eye.

In that case I would suggest you either make it bigger, or take a look at making a custom logo with Hatchful. It is free to create a logo and there are a lot of different customizations to choose from. It may not be your favorite logo, but I would suggest starting there.

The fact that you have page reviews is absolutely fantastic! However, having them with a bunch of images on the home page is slightly distracting and can be a tad confusing. In that case I recommend adding all the reviews to a separate page for Reviews in the Navigation bar and show them all there. That will be better. 

Then if you are taking reviews off try adding some other features. When you create a homepage it is generally the first page your customers are going to see so you want to make sure that it is perfect! Give them all of the good looking features and save the nitty gritty stuff for inside your site. On the theme customizer (Online Store > Themes > Customize) you will see a sidebar with all sorts of features that you can use. Try testing a few of them out.

13-45-qp2qq-y6v6e

13-45-kwbx4-gh617

In general I would work to spruce up your site and give it a bit of a pizzaz feature.

This link has a list of 50 stores that you can use for inspiration that were built on Shopify. I suggest taking a look at that to see what features you may want to add and what things you like about their stores that you can replicate. All of these stores are making consistent sales so they are great people to learn from.

Have you thought about adding videos to your store? This blog post has a bunch of great resources of where to find free stock videos. There may be some that are perfect for your store and your niche market.

You also have a variety of fonts however, there is no connection between them. If you find one that you like I suggest going online to find a font that matches with that one and then use that one. That way your fonts will tie in together.

13-21-98okk-q8jsp

I think it is great that you have a banner advertising free shipping, however, I would take out the TODAY if you are not having a one day sale. Save that for when you do only have a selling feature for one day.

Now, going into the deeper end of your store:

You have a list of products which is great, however I would add some organization to it. Maybe make a dropdown menu for your items. That way you can put all Maternity stuff together, baby stuff together, clothing, etc. (however you want to organize it). What you would want to do would be to create a dropdown menu. This link will show you how to do it. That way it will look like this:13-55-5a4zl-rm5bo

Speaking of menu, I recommend putting the Shipping Return Policy and the Privacy Policy in the footer menu. It is good information to have and your customers should definitely have easy access to it, however, it isn't a very common thing that is needed. So in that case I would put it in the footer so it doesn't clutter up the main menu.

Your About Us page is great!

For the contact us page it is best to add your contact info above the contact sheet as well. That way if the contact sheet doesn't work or if someone would prefer to not use it there is a fail safe so they can still get in touch.

This may help solidify the purchase of your products when people come to your store, but what we need to do now is to make sure that the right people are coming to your store. If you are getting traffic, but they are not buying then you are probably not targeting properly. How are you advertising your store?

If you go to Analytics > Reports > Acquisition you will be able to see where the traffic is coming from. Then you can use that data to make sure that you target that group better. Also use the location feature. Where are they coming from, what pages are they going to? All of these bits of information can help you target your ads.

Which speaking of, are you doing Facebook or Instagram marketing? How are you getting the traffic that you have now? One of your biggest assets will be your social accounts. However, I don't see them on your page anywhere.

In this day and age social media can really help to make a store. The best thing is that it is free so why not use it as much as you can? Make some really great Facebook posts and Instagram posts. That would mean sharing things like product photos, but also lifestyle photos as well. Photos of the items being used. Those two social media forms are going to be your best assets. As well as Email marketing, if you use it right.

The Shopify Academy has some great courses in relation to this that I really think you would find helpful to take a look at.

Those are two that I personally found helpful and I think that you could too.

Even though social media is free your advertising won't be and that is why it is very important to do it properly. Although it isn't fun to spend money at first, if you target ads properly then you will be so much better off for it! Small investment for great reward, if done properly.

In Shopify there is actually a Marketing page that you can use to make your ads in a snap! Great? Ya, I know! I have personally used and it is amazing!13-25-jbmd3-2td4f

I know that ads can be tricky and time consuming so I have gathered some tips that I think will help you create ads that will create great returns.

There is a lot of information here so I totally understand if you have more questions. If you do please let me know because I would be happy to answer them.

Best,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Hi HOCL

Your store looks great, 

I agree with all the previous suggestions, 

I'd suggest to also check if you can

• soften the black cookies notification it's a bit "in your face" on mobile, makes almost half the screen black , try to pick softer background colors and see if you can write it in two lines.
  • In my experience black Call to action as "shop now" delivers poor results, see : https://www.google.com/search?q=shop+now&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS740US740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahU...
  • There's an empty "special instructions for sellers" section in the cart, and update cart button shows only on hover:
    e1.JPG
  • Change "Check Out" to "Checkout" it has different meaning
  • HERE'S a problem!! I clicked Check Out and got to a black screen, clicked back and still black, couldn't shake it off, had to leave the website and come back. tried to reproduce but couldn't it's probably an intermittent problem, *happen on galaxy s8, on chrome, had one product in cart.
  • first click on Check out button doesn't respond, only second one redirects to the checkout page
  • You've got some scripts errors:
    e2.JPG
  •  In regards to improving sales and conversions rates, not sure how you get to the 120 visitors a day and how many of them you expect would purchase, I understand that you had no sales so far, how many added to cart? If you advertise make sure your ads investment or marketing efforts leads to getting value or learning who is your most likely to purchase audience by capturing the people who visited, added to cart and purchased, try using Facebook ads with our new Smart Ads app: https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads , It creates dynamic collection and slider ads for your store and help you with constantly improving your sales with introducing better new learning audiences on Facebook.

Good Luck!

All the best!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 1

Any idea on fixing these errors?

@Samco wrote:

Hi HOCL

Your store looks great, 

I agree with all the previous suggestions, 

I'd suggest to also check if you can

• soften the black cookies notification it's a bit "in your face" on mobile, makes almost half the screen black , try to pick softer background colors and see if you can write it in two lines.
  • In my experience black Call to action as "shop now" delivers poor results, see : https://www.google.com/search?q=shop+now&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS740US740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahU...
  • There's an empty "special instructions for sellers" section in the cart, and update cart button shows only on hover:
    e1.JPG
  • Change "Check Out" to "Checkout" it has different meaning
  • HERE'S a problem!! I clicked Check Out and got to a black screen, clicked back and still black, couldn't shake it off, had to leave the website and come back. tried to reproduce but couldn't it's probably an intermittent problem, *happen on galaxy s8, on chrome, had one product in cart.
  • first click on Check out button doesn't respond, only second one redirects to the checkout page
  • You've got some scripts errors:
    e2.JPG
  •  In regards to improving sales and conversions rates, not sure how you get to the 120 visitors a day and how many of them you expect would purchase, I understand that you had no sales so far, how many added to cart? If you advertise make sure your ads investment or marketing efforts leads to getting value or learning who is your most likely to purchase audience by capturing the people who visited, added to cart and purchased, try using Facebook ads with our new Smart Ads app: https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads , It creates dynamic collection and slider ads for your store and help you with constantly improving your sales with introducing better new learning audiences on Facebook.

Good Luck!

All the best!

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi There,

I've noticed There's an open discussion about the black screen I mentioned on checkout from last few days: https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Checkout-page-is-completely-black/m-p/...

Hope you'll find what's causing that.

Good Luck!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
720 47 104

Hey, again! 

I would be happy to help. 

I see that you have changed a few of the suggestions, but for the "Update Cart" button it is still quite light. Is there a reason that you have that one set to be so light? 

If you want to change the color you will want to go to Online Store > Themes > Customize, from your Store Admin, and then select Theme Settings > Colors and change the button color to a darker color. 

19-30-7auqd-46ajz

That should help to solve that question. 

To change the word from "Check Out" to "Checkout" you will need to go to Online Store > Actions > Language. Under the Language section you will see a variety of different tabs. Cart is the one that you will want to click on. Then from there you can scroll down to Checkout and remove the space. 

19-34-irut3-4v03r

19-35-gpq7h-432xf

As far as the black checkout: I checked on mobile and desktop and it worked for me multiple times. Have you tried it on your end to see the black screen as well? If not can you try to go to the checkout screen from a desktop and a mobile to see if it works for you? If you could try from multiple browsers as well that would be great!  

In regards to the script errors you may want to reach out to a Shopify Expert for that. When it comes to script issues and errors the Experts are better trained in that field so they would be the best option to reach out to for assistance. 

I hope that helps, but once again, if you have more questions let me know!

Dallas

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
720 47 104

Hey, again! 

I would be happy to help. 

I see that you have changed a few of the suggestions, but for the "Update Cart" button it is still quite light. Is there a reason that you have that one set to be so light? 

If you want to change the color you will want to go to Online Store > Themes > Customize, from your Store Admin, and then select Theme Settings > Colors and change the button color to a darker color. 

19-30-7auqd-46ajz

That should help to solve that question. 

To change the word from "Check Out" to "Checkout" you will need to go to Online Store > Actions > Language. Under the Language section you will see a variety of different tabs. Cart is the one that you will want to click on. Then from there you can scroll down to Checkout and remove the space. 

19-34-irut3-4v03r

19-35-gpq7h-432xf

As far as the black checkout: I checked on mobile and desktop and it worked for me multiple times. Have you tried it on your end to see the black screen as well? If not can you try to go to the checkout screen from a desktop and a mobile to see if it works for you? If you could try from multiple browsers as well that would be great!  

In regards to the script errors you may want to reach out to a Shopify Expert for that. When it comes to script issues and errors the Experts are better trained in that field so they would be the best option to reach out to for assistance. 

I hope that helps, but once again, if you have more questions let me know!

Dallas

1 Like