is my site working ok

soccermom1
2 0 1

HI ! I am totally new to online but have a retail store front. Looking to see if my site is working because I have not received any sales since we started this a month ago. anyone willing to take a look

https://the-art-of-soccer-shop.myshopify.com

any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey @soccermom1,

Very smart to get online. With everything that's going on in the world right now, it's great to have an online store that can be open 24/7, 365 days a year.

As far as if you store is working, yes I found it to work. I didn't checkout but I did go as far as shipping and everything seemed to be in working order (I am in Canada).

soccer-ship.png 

I think there are a few things that can be done to improve the overall look as well as increase trust with the visitor.

First thing, your domain. I'd recommend getting a custom domain name, it looks more professional.

I'd also recommend getting a logo done up, you can get a professional but inexpensive logo on Fiverr.

Next, on your homepage you have default text for reviews, I'd get rid of that if you don't have any reviews and instead add a few products.

screencapture-theartofsoccer-shop-2020-11-30-11_04_26.png

With your photos, I'd recommend having the products on a white background. If you are doing these photos on a budget, you can do them on your own just make sure you have good lighting and you can always boost the brightness by using the built in photo editor on your phone.

screencapture-theartofsoccer-shop-collections-adult-replica-jersey-kits-2020-11-30-11_10_46.png

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We see it a lot, store owners get plenty of traffic but no sales and they are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: Make sure to grab your FREE Christmas store banners & pop-up’s!

Free-Christmas-Graphics.png

You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
soccermom1
2 0 1

Thank you so much for the great feedback... I hate computers but I need to help increase traffic flow. 

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey @soccermom1,

Good for you for learning all this stuff. As I said, very smart to get online!

Since you have a retail store, consider adding a business card to every in store purchase that offers something like a percentage off or another incentive, this will help get the word out as well. We show how to add discount codes in this video:

Wishing you all the best!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
931 25 310

Hi @soccermom1 !

Add a favicon

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 215 670

Hello @soccermom1, I hope you are doing good! You need to work on your store first. Make it engaging, interactive & professional enough to make people purchase from you. Below are some suggestions:

- Make your store easy to navigate. Add categories in the header menu.

- Add a Call To Action button in the first fold of the homepage i.e on the banner image. It can be like 'Shop Now'.

- Add quick links in the footer. It includes policies ( privacy, shipping, returns & refunds ), About us, FAQ, Contact information, social media links.

-The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. Add announcement/ timer/ sales motivator bar. Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes