is there a problem with my web site?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello, I need some suggestions on my site the-cathedral.com . I'm new to the online selling world. In building my web site I followed the recommendation on Shopify Academy and tutorial, however it seems I got not response from the web.

Do I have to change something, or did I make any mistakes in labeling or uploading the items on my site?

Please any help will be appreciated.  www.the-cathedral.com

Thanks

Enrico

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there, 

Beautiful store. Congratulations on building your website and you're definitely headed in the right direction design wise and with a few tweaks and turns I think you'll be able to reach your desired destination in no time. 

I do have a few recommendations, I hope my insights will be of help to you. 

1. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.

2. Hero images: Stick to one rather than the rotating carousel. It’s going by so fast that if I think I may be interested, it’s gone. Carousels /sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders.

3. Add a " Shop Now " button to your hero image. 

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Write beautiful copy like you would see in a magazine that is trying to sell you a product.

5. Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility. 

6. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. I would like to recommend you one of the best apps for the same purpose - Superbar

7. Reviews on Product Page - Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started. 

8. Image numbers - Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 image. 

9. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.

10. Footer details - For better SEO purposes, Terms and Conditions like "Refund, Shipping, Privacy policy and Terms Of Service" page should be added to the site footer.

11. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you. 

Regards

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 26 109

Hi @Enrico64

Welcome to Shopify, Enrico! You have a great start here. Let’s see what we can do.

Homepage

• The banner isn’t helping drive sales here. I would use it to promote your products, free shipping or a sale (and link it!) rather than your company. 
  • I would limit your hero images to one image. Also, make sure it’s clear and has a call to action. Right now, there’s no CTA. Use heatmaps, to see where people click, to evaluate which hero image is preferred by your visitors. Without a CTA, it may be hard. It depends on your visitors thus far. 
  • I would swap the collection list with your quote box. Scroll heatmaps, which show you how far people scroll, can show you if people are making it to the bottom of your homepage while click heatmaps can show you where they click on the main navigation. That being said, you homepage is nice and short!
  •  Your social media link to Facebook links to https://the-cathedral.com/the-cathedral.com/shopify. Link it to the right page and make sure it opens in a new tab. :-)
  • There’s some default text on your footer - it says “Talk about your business.” 
  • For your newsletter, be sure to add why someone would want to get it. Will they get 10% off their first order? Will they get daily scripture? Invite them into your community! 
  • Don’t forget about the favicon! 
  • Make sure it’s clear that it’s CAD. I see the currency converter at the bottom of the page, but I would move to the top or make it automatic. 

Customer Contact
I like that you have a contact page, but I suggest doing a few things:

1. Work on formatting a little. It’s kind of hard to read.
  2. While I like that you have made your telephone numbers mobile-friendly, I’m not sure you need to do that same with your fax number. Consider removing the fax number unless this is a common way for people to reach you from your website.
  3. Link your email address.
  4. Add in a contact form that marks it easier for people to send you a message. They don’t have to click on the email address and open it in their own email system. They can do it from a message.

Overall, a live chat platform would help tremendously once you start to get more traffic. 

Navigation/Product Pages
I like that you have filters! Is there any reason  you are dividing it by collections in your main navigation? Heatmaps can show you where people are clicking. The About Us may be better suited for the footer rather than the main navigation. Adding those collections can help visitors go directly to their products of choice rather than filtering or trying to sort through 21 pages of products.

For the product pages, I see nothing huge to change. I would suggest adding in a description and shipping information (especially shipping costs). I would also add a quantity box to help people buy more than one if they do desire. 

Now, I understand your frustration with not getting the response you want. I’m assuming you’re talking about traffic and sales. When it comes to traffic, we sometimes like to think that if we build it, visitors will come. It’s not that simple. Put a focus on SEO and run even small campaigns on social media. Segment heatmaps by campaign to really understand your visitors and better target them.

Keep at this, Enrico! Visitor behavior is going to make all the difference for your store. Lucky Orange has heatamps, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey The-Cathedral,

Follow the below-listed tips for improving your store look:

• "Favicon" enhance user-experience and facilitates unique site identification as well.
  • "Login" helps in keeping information secure and a track of your order details as well.
  • "Terms and conditions" are compulsary for strong customer faith and belief.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.

Wishing you all the luck for your further journey.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Enrico64,

Congrats on launching a new store. I would love to share some feedback on your store to improve it

1. Add a favicon to your website. It's the tiny logo on your browser tab
2. Add a form on your contact us page or include a chat widget on your website. Make it easy for your customers to reach you
3. Link the products/collections on your home page slider to the corresponding pages. Add a "Show Now" or "Buy Now" button there for users to click and navigate
4. Do include important links like Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Shipping/Return Policy
5. You can also include an FAQ page with answers to some of the most common questions your visitors might have wrt your products or your shipping.

I hope these feedbacks can help you improve your store :)

You can also check out the app I recently launched. You can use labels such as trending, bestseller, sale, new etc on your product images using this app.
Labels would help you highlight certain products and let your customers choose products quicker. Do share your feedback if you try it :D

App Link: https://bit.ly/36ly69H

Cheers, and wish you all the best for your new venture! 

Vignesh
ModeMagic

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Install ModeMagic - Product Labels & Badges for your store
Featured on Shopify App Store
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Enrico64 

You are doing really well. And I would love to provide my recommendations for your store and hopefully, my recommendations can help you

1. Adding a favicon to your store. It will help you strengthen your brand and to make your brand unique and professional instead of the current icon now.

If you are looking for the way, you can check this tutorial https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add-favicon

2. Make the header sticky:

When scrolling down, the header is hidden. If the header is sticky even when customers scroll down, they can visit other pages of your store whenever they want. Therefore, you should make the header sticky.

Religious Articles, Articles religieux, Artículos religiosos – The-Cathedral.com 2020-06-03 17-48-48.png

- You should make more collections/ products pages on the menu navigation instead of 1 "Store" page. 

Many pages give customers different choices and this encourages them to visit more and buy more 

3. Adding a Shop now/ Buy now button on the slideshow

Religious Articles, Articles religieux, Artículos religiosos – The-Cathedral.com 2020-06-03 17-35-12.png

By adding a button, you can lead visitors to many products and collections. This is a really useful way to increase the conversion rate for your store. Customers when scroll down to see the banner and they are really interested in your products, but they have to scroll down more so they can see the collection list. Why don't you put a button to link to your product/ collection pages on the slideshow so you won't miss any customers.

4. The banner

The images need to focus more on the whole product. The product images on the slideshow are currently a little blurred and they are not shown the whole image. It can make customers confused when they only can see a part of the product and it is not clear to see as well.

Religious Articles, Articles religieux, Artículos religiosos – The-Cathedral.com 2020-06-03 17-45-07.png

- The texts are too long and it is not nice when they cover the background image like this. You can leave the texts are on the left/ right of the image and style for the font (color/ size). Or you can separate 2 columns, each of them will contain text and image.

- There should be a space between the Slideshow and this image.

- You can create a promotion page or even a promotion image or the countdown timer on the home page to draw attention.

5. The footer

- Tell more about the Newsletter. If you want customers to subscribe to your store more and more, don't leave just a Newsletter word like this. You need to tell them more when they subscribe, then what will they get. Any updates, promotions, etc from your stores that they don't want to miss.

- Talk about your business: You need to change the default sentence. Just talk about your stores, even any terms or policies are good to be added. 

Religious Articles, Articles religieux, Artículos religiosos – The-Cathedral.com 2020-06-03 18-04-31.png

- Social media is a good and effective way to get more customers, then you should add on your home page as well.

An attractive home page is very important, it can help you to increase traffic and conversion rate. With these recommendations above, I would like to send you a guide about how to personalize your home page

- Besides that, a Blog post page to tell stories is highly recommended

- People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. Check this guide to know more its benefit and how to make it effective. 

I hope my recommendations will help you to make your store more attractive and increase traffic. If you feel mine helpful, you can give me a like or mark as solution. I am willing to help you if you have any questions! Cheers!

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes