looking for feedback on Zalafaie Kids!

ZalafaieKids
Excursionist
14 0 1

Hello beautiful people,

My toddler wanted to start a business so we went on the adventure, Id like some feedback on the store so far and any input and or recommendations are greatly appreciated! 

www.zalafaiekids.ca

If you could also let me know of its performance speed and loading wise it would also be greatly appreciated. 

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1305 118 339

Nice, enjoy the adventure!

First thing I would do is get a professional logo. That's key to show you're a legit business and people can trust you, plus it sets the tone for you visitor and makes you more memorable. If you don't have a designer or know what you want, a logo contest is a fun easy way to get a professional logo in a week. I used to do this all the time before I had a go-to designer, here's how: https://speedboostr.com/logo-contest/

For performance you're looking pretty good. Your site is lightweight and mostly optimized. There are a couple minor things you could do to tighten things up but you wouldn't see a noticeable difference. If you want to see where you stand performance-wise here are the result I ran for your store: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fuxop5u8b1.

That's the Shopify Analyzer, a free tool my team built for the Shopify community. Anytime you want to know what can and should be optimized on a Shopify site, run the page through there. You'll get recommendations and links to free guides, or if you want to save time you can reach out to my team to handle it for you.

On a practical level, I browsed a few pages on your site and it loads well. One thing I noticed though is you don't have customer reviews, I would get that set up immediately so you can start collecting reviews. You can automate the process and make everything easy with an app, my favorite is Judge.me. Here's my review of it + guide to set up: https://speedboostr.com/best-reviews-app-for-shopify.

Good luck on the new store!

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2789 175 469

Dear @ZalafaieKids 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 41-45

zalaspeed.png

• At header

zalfaheader.png

• At footer

babyfooter.png

• Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Add Trust Badge :  Faqs,Highlight return policy , customer support , testimonial, Live chat etc
  • Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

• Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.
  • Go for On site SEO
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3720 214 663

Hello @ZalafaieKids, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram shop & feed.

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions. 

- Add product descriptions. Make all the products aligned and of the same standard size on the collection page. Below the product add 'add to cart' & 'buy now' buttons.

Add web push notifications that will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.

- Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

Make your store engaging, it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention. 

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hello @ZalafaieKids How are you doing?

I am Johnson, a professional digital marketer, shopify developer with over 4 years of experience.

As a professional shopify developer, it listing everything wrong with the store is just like ridiculing the effort of the developer but I will offer you an hint of what you need through these samples:
dabati.com/
Onceuponateaskincare.com/
https://happypawsjewelry.com/

The fact is that you need to optimize your store. If you need an expert, contact me here or maxxyplus1@gmail.com

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
ZalafaieKids
Excursionist
14 0 1

Hello, thank you for your reply. 

I am working on reducing the mobile speed time and have gotten it to 46 but seems I have to trim down JavaScript.

In regards to adding more options at checkout, I do not seem to be able to do so directly through my Shopify admin, which I assume is because of my theme..? Also, I have been trying to figure out how to reduce the size of my footer and header.  I am using the Free Theme Brooklyn. I have also made some changes to the website, let me know what you all now think! I am working on getting a professional logo done as well. 

0 Likes
ZalafaieKids
Excursionist
14 0 1

Hello, thank you very much for your comment, I’ve taken into consideration what you’ve said. I’m currently working on getting a logo design figured out and made. As well as have made quite a few changes on thé site if you would mind taking a second look! As others have mentioned I’m working on minimizing the size of the footer, however have had no luck thus far. If you have tips on that and how to add different options to my check out page as mentioned below that would also be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes

Hi @ZalafaieKids 

Here is Bruno from the Shopify app Suproof .

I am not going to go through performance speed, because other people already helped you there. 

Some suggestions I have are:
1- Increase favicon size. It's very tiny right now
2- If possible, I would add some shipping info in the product page. Right now, I am taken to a different page and have to click back to continue my purchase
3- For product page, add something to improve your social proof. I will consider checking out Suproof  but there are other options as well.
4- In the main page, at the bottom, the "See what people are saying about us" section is empty. I would consider just hiding it for now

Best, 
Bruno

ZalafaieKids
Excursionist
14 0 1

@dreambuilder wrote:

Hi @ZalafaieKids 

Here is Bruno from the Shopify app Suproof .

I am not going to go through performance speed, because other people already helped you there. 

Some suggestions I have are:
1- Increase favicon size. It's very tiny right now
2- If possible, I would add some shipping info in the product page. Right now, I am taken to a different page and have to click back to continue my purchase
3- For product page, add something to improve your social proof. I will consider checking out Suproof  but there are other options as well.
4- In the main page, at the bottom, the "See what people are saying about us" section is empty. I would consider just hiding it for now

Best, 
Bruno

Hello Bruno @dreambuilder thank you very much for you reply, I noticed the Favicon is Tiny but could not figure out how to make it larger! Would you have tips on doing that? And good idea in regards to see what people are saying about. 

in regards to shipping on the product pages would you suggest something like Spend 40$ and get 5$ flat rate shipping or something of the sorts?

thank you again, 

regards 

0 Likes

Hi @ZalafaieKids ,

For the favicon, the reason this is happening is because there is a lot of "empty space" around the image, you need to trim it. I can do this for you later tonight (EST time) and share it here. 

As for this shipping, yes this information is already in the other page but people need to actually click there to find this out.

Best,
Bruno

0 Likes