I opened up my store and advertised it on different sites like facebook, reddit, and Instagram. I got a lot of visitors and I'm up to a little over a thousand sessions now but still, no sale. what can I do?
I've seen your store, and I have some comments below:
1. On your home page, you add too many products. This will make your visitors feel so confused.
2. Try to build a home page with many different parts like "Our Story" and "Featured Products". The section having Instagram photos is also essential if you have an Instagram account. I see many stores have done that.
3. Product descriptions, your customers really need that to have a decision.
4. I don't see sale prices in your product pages, add them if you can.
Hi @alexh231 !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
Your homepage looks more like a product page. I recommend to change this.
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hey @alexh231 ,
This is a common problem faced by early stores, so this can be fixed. I checked your website which looks good, but I would suggest a few improvements that can help increase sales.
1. The first and important factor to look upon is the navigation of your store. I felt that it was not easy to navigate, and there can be quick improvements like
2. An appealing but simple “Above the fold” web design - The banner seems blurred and there is no direct CTA. According to research, users will judge websites as visually good or not within a second. So using blurred images is not a good way to go. Also, add:
3. Footer Menu: The footer is an important part of your website because it is displayed on each page. As per resources, some stores have observed up to a 50% increase in conversions when they optimized their website footer design with specific goals. So it can help in improving credibility to your store, and as a result in conversions by updating your footer menu with following details:
4. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
5. Add product description: Keep the product description short and crisp, it should convey who it is for, what it does, and how it can be of value for the visitor checking the product. It would be better to have the description in bullet points so that visitors can read and digest them quickly. Also, providing precise composition and care information & size chart of the product will be very essential.
6. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
------> Reviews: Nudging customers to give brief product feedback is the easiest form of social proof. Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.
------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here
7. Add more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.
Hope these feedbacks be of help. For more assistance, please feel free to DM me. I'm happy to be of assistance. For sale/discount custom stickers or trust badges, you can get it here, where we also create custom based upon request